Host Early Pay

Robin1465
Level 2
Conifer, CO

Host Early Pay

Hi,

I just got off the phone with Airbnb support, which was not helpful! They would not answer a very simple question. How do I become eligible as a host for Host Early Pay? 

1. Do I need to host for a certain amount of time?

2. Do I need the strictest cancellation policy?

3. Will it show up under payout options?

We just launched our Airbnb as self-managers and already have a lot of reservations, but would like to have guests pay 50% upon booking.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Robin1465 

Your guests do pay Airbnb when they book - I think the problem may be that you are not receiving your payouts yet, because you are a new host? Here is the policy:

"Payouts may be delayed for new Hosts
If you’re a new Host, we may hold your payouts for 30 days after your first reservation is confirmed. If your first reservation is more than 30 days away, your payout will be released 24 hours after your guest’s scheduled check-in. This will apply to any payouts scheduled for release during those 30 days."

Here is a link to the full article, hope it helps:

When you’ll get your payout - Airbnb Help Center

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Robin1465 I've never heard of such a thing. Regardless of when your guests pay, you won't receive any money until after they've checked in, so I don't get it. I've been hosting for almost 5 years and have never heard of Host Early Pay, so maybe customer service couldn't answer your question because they've never heard of it either? 

Hosts have no control over when and how guests pay. That's all in the hands of AirBnB. 

Can you elaborate on what prompted you to ask about this?