Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Host Rating

Host Rating

Hi All, 

I have returned to the land of Airbnb hosting and I lost all my reviews? I used to host and was a super host ~7 years ago. Is there any way to get my super host status reinstated? 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Carissa87 The only way to get Superhost back is to host 10 stays and alive an average of 4.8. With short stays it can be gained in 3months easily

Hi @Carissa87 

Welcome back to "Airbnb Land" 😊

These days the "new kid on the block" is Airbnb's "Guest Favorite" callout/badge on a listing. We're all still trying to figure out how that designation compares to Superhost status? It was only introduced recently in the Winter 2023 Release, so still not sure. Guests can no longer filter searches by Superhost status, but can by the new "Guest Favorite." One big difference is the Guest Favorite Badge applies to the actual property listing, but Superhost applies to the Host only. So if you have multiple properties, one could be a guest favorite and one may not be:

Guest Favorite vs SuperHost

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3496

."..Each of your listings will be treated individually when determining eligibility for the Guest Favorite badge. If you’re a Superhost, your listings that qualify will get the Guest Favorite badge in search results, while those that don't will retain the Superhost badge. Your listings' Guest Favorite status will not affect your Superhost status in any way. If you’re a Superhost, your listings—whether they qualify for Guest Favorite badge or not—will still show your Superhost status on the listing details page."

Guest Favorite.png