Host is asking payment outside airbnb

Alisson26
Level 2
Atibaia, Brazil

Host is asking payment outside airbnb

I found a place to stay, ask to host about pets, she didn't nothing about, so I did my reservation, pay all. Then the afterward my payment, the host charge me more 500 euros for pet taxes, gas taxes, and tourist taxes. So almost half of the entire reservation value. And worst, the host asked me pay this new value directly to her, instead use aribnb. I asked to cancel my reservation, what did airbnb reply? "we can do nothing"....

34 Replies 34

@M199 

As the first thread-  @Alisson26 pay the host off platform 

The second thread - @Alisson26  unsatisfied with Airbnb

I hope Airbnb can seriously look in to the case and assist the guest to resolve the issue and get back her payment 

@M199 
Cause I'd make a loudly noisy agains no action from airbnb , and seems that it's work as yu can realized on other comments.

And I didn't stop in post twice but also sent my complaints to others sources over internet. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why are you asking us that question - rather than  @Alisson26 who made the posts @M199 

Anazing as I am .....a mind reader is not one of my talents 😁😁😁😁

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for pointing that out, @M199!

I have merged the two topics to make it easier for us all to keep track of @Alisson26's case 😊

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Alisson26,

I'm really sorry to hear about that situation. 

I'm glad to hear that it has been resolved though. Please do keep us updated and let us know if you need any more help on this.

By the way, I'd like to invite you to also participate in the Portuguese speaking community.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liv