Host payment not received

Answered!
Deborah1478
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Host payment not received

Has anyone had issues with not receiving money from Airbnb.  

Guests arrived on 31 December and exited on 7 January 2024.  My bank did not receive the transfer from Payoneer and Airbnb say the payment was sent to my bank.  I received an email from Payoneer that my payment was returned to Airbnb by my bank which is impossible as the bank have confirmed that have never even received payment.  This is becoming such a run around as no one gets back to me as to what is going on or how they can rectify the problem.

I find it rather problematic that I am providing a service for guests and I am not being paid.  I have bookings till the beginning of April 2023 and what guarantees are there that I will be paid these outstanding 9 bookings. 

If anyone has had any luck resolving a similar problem please could you advise the route that you took.

Many thanks

kind regards

Deborah

1 Best Answer

HI Emily, I have finally got paid.  It seems that if you persistently hound them with queries and correspondence you finally get joy.  Good luck.  

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Emily2115
Level 2
New Zealand

Hi Deborah, I also have this problem at the moment with no luck in contacting AirBNB. My first payment was made to me on December 28th and I still haven't received anything. My bank has searched but nothing of that amount has arrived in the bank. It certainly puts me off hosting again.

HI Emily, I have finally got paid.  It seems that if you persistently hound them with queries and correspondence you finally get joy.  Good luck.  

So pleased you have finally been paid! I am still waiting for payement for 2 x stays. One was released on December 28...sounds like just need to keep hounding them!

Will do the hounding! Thanks 

Nix92
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

I have exactly same issue. I’m so frustrated. I have tried everything I can think of for a resolution. Contacted bank and payoneer and Airbnb. Nothing, no feedback fromAirbnb about the missing money. 

KayGrow-Properties0
Level 2
Midrand, South Africa

This seems to be an international problem. 

I have not received any payment this year. 

I have 4 payments outstanding, the app keeps changing release dates. One payment that was due 05 Jan is now showing 24 Jan - WTF. 

I’ve also been in contact with Airbnb no luck. 

I believe this could go on for 3 months (1 case study in Jan 2023) 

All the best 

Nix92
Level 2

I’m in Jhb. Also have received no money for booking in January and getting nowhere with messaging and phoning  Airbnb. 

Anica1
Level 2
Petrovac, Montenegro

I have the same problem. 

I haven’t received any payment for June and July of 2024 into my Payoneer account?! My master card issued by Payoneer has 0 balance. Today I got an email from Payoneer that my first payment from June 5th was declined?!!! 3 later payments sent from Airbnb are showing pending status. Is there any way to get on hold with a person  and discuss this issue by phone? 

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Deborah1478 

I read about this problem often. But in this decade, I've NEVER had any problems with payment (knock on wood). I suspect it has less to do with Airbnb and more to do with their designated payment processor handling it, or perhaps the banking system in your region. 

Here in Europe, the banking system is very efficient, and we reliably receive payment either the same day or latest, the next. Not just from Airbnb, but it's the basic norm and expected. Bank transfers are very fast, throughout Europe. In some cases, it's already on the account by the time I receive the notice that it's been sent! Really.

Again, knock on wood, but as much as I rail about some of Airbnb processes, I think this one is less likely to be a result of their incompetence, and more likely somewhere downriver.