How do I file Sales Tax on MyPaths in Pennsylvania?

Answered!

How do I file Sales Tax on MyPaths in Pennsylvania?

I have a property in Pennsylvania and all my taxes are collected and remitted to the state.  I created a Sales Tax account as this was required from me by the county in order to get my Occupancy License.

Now that it is time to file state filings, if I state that I made $1,000 (example), I would have have to pay $60 to state.  Should I state that I made no money and have nothing to report?

After going through all the support material I found and talking with an Allen C. on the support line, I could not get more information on my question.

1 Best Answer

Hi @Bhavik9 

I suggest you speak with your tax accountant/CPA and contact both the State and local taxing authorities as to how you should report your sales tax and occupancy taxes properly.  Each state and local taxing authority have different requirements. That said, I would not suggest you claim no income when you actually did have income, but the taxes on that income were paid by Airbnb in your behalf. See a similar thread on how other Hosts are handling this:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help-with-your-business/PA-Hotel-and-Sales-Use-Tax-Collection-an...

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Bhavik9, and welcome to the Community Center! 
How have you found Hosting so far? 

Whilst I can't comment on taxes in your area, I've found some guides re taxes from the Airbnb Help Center: 

How does tax payout and reporting work?
How do taxes work for hosts?
Tax documents from Airbnb

I hope this helps. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Bhavik9 

I suggest you speak with your tax accountant/CPA and contact both the State and local taxing authorities as to how you should report your sales tax and occupancy taxes properly.  Each state and local taxing authority have different requirements. That said, I would not suggest you claim no income when you actually did have income, but the taxes on that income were paid by Airbnb in your behalf. See a similar thread on how other Hosts are handling this:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help-with-your-business/PA-Hotel-and-Sales-Use-Tax-Collection-an...