How do I find a co-host in my area?

Answered!
Janna4
Level 1
Sacramento, CA

How do I find a co-host in my area?

I'm a host and am in need of support with cleaning, restocking, and managing my rental.

According to Airbnb's website, Airbnb offers a directory for co-hosts who want to support hosts https://www.airbnb.com/co-hosting/start, but don't have their own space. Where do I find this directory?

Does anyone have recommendations on where I can find someone to co-host and manage my property? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you! 😃

1 Best Answer
Nils7
Level 2
Stockholm, Sweden

If you need a co-host, Airbnb's answer that 'Hey! Ask a friend or neighbour to help!' is not terribly useful..........but you can register your interest on the site, and the registered co-hosts in your area can then see your listing and get in touch is 

View Best Answer in original post

303 Replies 303

You posted cities with a diverse range of distances between them all. Is it just you or do you have a team to get to those different locations?

Nini12
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

Hello,

I am from Georgia Tbilisi.

I’m interested in co- hosting, and  trying to find a co host.  When I go to the co host section, it gives me the option to invite a friend and you have to enter their email address.  I don't know anyone locally who can help.  I thought there might be a list of people nearby willing to co host?  

Wish you all the best,

Nini

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nini12 

Airbnb closed their matching service last year, so it's so much harder to find local hosts who would be interested in co-hosting.

You could post a message in a local facebook group, or similar and see if that helps.

Best wishes

Paul 🙂

@Paul1255 

It's absolutely shameful that Airbnb abruptly cut off the co-host marketplace for regular co-hosts, in favour of funnelling that all that ready-made business instead, towards the "professional property management" companies on the site. Every man and his dog knows that the vast majority of small co-hosts (such as your good self!) are infinitely more reliable, more trustworthy, and more competent to do the job than 90% of so-called "agencies". (A cursory comparison of reviews sitewide can attest to that fact)

It was the small co-hosts who built and grew the co-hosting market in the first place, so rather than just pull the rug out from underneath them last August - without warning or explanation - the decent, ethical thing for Airbnb to do, would have been to at least leave the feature in place, whereby hosts and small co-hosts could still find and make contact with each other, easily and quickly. It's despicable behaviour towards the cohosts whose hard graft had actually established and grown the reputation of Airbnb's co-hosting market, to suddenly make it so cumbersome and difficult for them to find work. 

The very least Airbnb could have done for the regular co-hosts they were knocking out of the game, would have been to even offer a dedicated section here in the CC, specifically for hosts and co-hosts to be able to easily locate and connect with each other. 

Delighted that it seems to be working out for you pretty well in London - you have some fab places to co-host now! Well done you, and long may it continue! 👏👏👏

Unfortunately though, finding work is a lot more difficult for co-hosts in markets that aren't quite as buoyant as London. Airbnb really should be providing them with some sort of alternative means of connection with hosts. It's the least they owe them. 

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

As always you are spot-on @Susan17 !

It is such a shame the service has gone- especially as the large management companies don't offer the short-term occassional support that a lot of hosts need, as it isn't worth their time.

It indeed is working out well for me so far- the bulk of my clients have had a bad experience with one of the larger companies, so look to me as a solution- but by the time they find me their listings have already been through the mincer....which always breaks my heart!

I have started attending the London homesharing meetings run by Airbnb at their HQ, and several of the hosts there are interested in becoming co-hosts...so I hope to get our agenda pushed through at some point with a return to the old service, no reason why individual co-hosts and the large management companies can't live side-by-side as they service totally different markets.

I hope all is well with you!

Paul 🙂

Thank you Paul for your reply:) 

Hi Paul, check out www.manageyourpad.com

Kristi92
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

I live in San Antonio, Tx and am looking for co-hosting opportunities. I may be reached at *sensitive information hidden*.  I am happy to assist!

Mark749
Level 2
Utrecht, Netherlands

To find co-hosts go to www.manageyourpad.com and register as home owner.

Zack75
Level 2
Dunnellon, FL

Hello,

I recently got into Airbnb and I wanted to see if anyone would like help with their rentals. I can manage bookings, answer/keep track of people staying in them, etc. Let me know if anyone is still looking for a Co-Host!

Jackie435
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi I have been cohosting a property and would be glad to co host. I am located in central London if you are looking at all. Drop me a message if  interested

Sherrie20
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

Hi I'm Sherrie from Australia looking to co-host Airbnb's in Adelaide or Worlwide remotely for you..

If you have a home that you live nearby and can restock the supplies and either greet guests or do self check in but you don't want to deal with the online bookings, calenders, pricing, guest messaging etc Let me help you, get high occupancy I do this as a  business and treat it like so, been trained by some of the best in the country, look forward to hearing from you 🙂

Sherrie

Maria3275
Level 2
Chgo, IL

I have been doing homestay for the last 10 years, have assisted others to setup their homestay business and co-host couple of Airbnb's in the Chicago area. 

I'm open to co-host couple of more airbnb's in the Chicagoland area. 

Let me know if you can utilize my assistance.

You can reach me at 

**[E-mail address & phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Marquis3
Level 2
Miami, FL

Hello I live in Miami FL and am very interested in becoming a co-host and/or property management for listings in the area. Please reach out to me if you are anyone of interest is in need! We can discuss my expertise and qualifications.

Lets chat! 

Marquis 

Laura2947
Level 2
Hanahan, SC

I would love to know how I can market myself to hosts for CoHosting their properties.  Is there a bulletin board, website or something to post this info on?  I am currently co-hosting for someone and would love to help others manage their homes.  Here are a few things I can take off your plate: * Update your listing * Manage guest messages, including pre-screening guests, based on your preferences (i.e. current occupation, purpose of trip, non-smoker, pet-free, etc.), answer questions, coordinate guests' arrival and departure, etc. * Manage reservation settings and accept or decline reservation requests * Update your calendar and manage pricing settings (i.e. setting pricing higher for events) * Write guest reviews I look forward to hearing from you soon and have a wonderful evening!