How do I refund if guest leaves early?

How do I refund if guest leaves early?

I believe I have a Moderate cancellation policy.  My guests needs to check out early because of personal reasons.  How do I refund their one night stay?  If my cancellation policy only provides a 50% refund, how do I go about refunding the resT?

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Clay173 

If the stay is for 1 night and the guest has already checked-in, then there is no refund when the reservation will be cancelled. If you still want to refund, you can use the resolution centre to sent money.

Choose "sent money" on the reservation or go to : www.airbnb.com/resolutions

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Clay173 if any guest of yours needs to leave early or cancel a stay in generel - all they have to do is cancel the stay and they will get refunded automatically according to your cancellation policy. The guest has to do it on their own - don't ever accept a 'request to cancel' as it then will look like you cancelled out on them. They can cancel from their side and you will get an e-mail about the cancellation with the updated payout. Tell them that that is the procedure if a guest needs to cancel for whatever reason. The system is set up like that - guests are automatically refunded according to the host' cancellation policy.