How to improve search ranking

How to improve search ranking

I am a new landlord and I have just received my first guest. I rejected an order request last week, and then found that my search ranking is low and the order confirmation rate is not high. How can I change it?

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Yang147 Many theories exist re getting up the search ranking such as changing your listing wording and generally just being busy with edits. My personal belief is switching on Instant Book helps but there is nothing that helps more than getting bookings which is, of course, a catch 22 situation.

@Yang147 When a new listing goes live, it gets a temporary boost in search results that expires after a couple of weeks. Declining requests or cancelling instant-bookings may have some influence on the search results too, but they won't affect a listing nearly as badly as having an unsuccessful stay and a bad review. With that in mind, it's best to keep on declining inappropriate requests but also make sure you set the right parameters (maximum stay length, etc) and keep the calendar up to date to avoid unnecessary declines.

When your first review is published - and hopefully it's a great one - two things will happen:  you'll get a little bump in the search results, and also guests who are skeptical of unreviewed listings will be likelier to book. It's a waste of time trying to game the search algorithm; the most important thing you can do right now is impress your first guests and earn that gushing review that will inspire more people to book.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Yang147  Your beds seem to be listed incorrectly. What you say is a bunk bed ( which usually sleeps 2 or 3 people on two levels, appears to be a single bed. And what you are calling a queen in bedroom 3 appears to be a double bed.

B290294D-DD98-41AB-9A05-DFFF8798764D.jpeg

 fu@Sarah977,That bunk bed looks like this. I explained how to use it in the guest’s check-in guide.There is no problem with the bed in the third bedroom. It is a queen size, perhaps because of the shooting angle. Thank you for the comments you pointed out to me.

@Yang147  I'm not sure how that bed works, but that isn't called a bunk bed. If one bed slides out, that's called a trundle bed. A bunk bed has 2 levels and you have to climb some sort of ladder to get to the top bunk.

This is an example of a bunk bed.

3659043-1.jpg