How to update default language in App?

Answered!
Chirag2
Level 1
New Delhi, India

How to update default language in App?

Hi, Lizzie! How do I change the default language in the new app? It was there in settings of the previous version but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the new app. 

**[Title Updated]

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Art-City-Inn0, Hope you are doing well!

I wanted to share this article that details the steps to Changing the language on Airbnb on different devices. You can toggle through your preferred devices to know the steps. I hope it helps!

Bhumika_0-1693241157040.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

39 Replies 39

Yes, the russian language just boring.

So request for the Airbnb -- 

Could you please provide 'only english' feature?

Dear Airbnb,

Your app is used by travelers worldwide to communicate with others from across the globe about what services/accommodations/amenities are offered. We are the types of people interested in learning and connecting; so, we need the ability to set the preferred LANGUAGE in your app.  Deciding to not support preferred language erodes your brand (or what it should stand for).

Jiannan0
Level 2
Munich, Germany

This is totally stupid that languages jumps around based on setting of the phone. I needed my receipt in English while the system always automatically change preferred language to Chinese due to usage of the app, then they even automatically translate the receipt sent to me in Chinese which is NONSENSE!

Matt-and-Dean0
Level 2
Richmond, VA

Seriously Airbnb?  This has been an issue for years.  Update the phone apps to allow the user to set their preferred language already!  This is unacceptable and creates barriers - the opposite of what your company is supposed to be about.

Volodymyr13
Level 1
Kiev, Ukraine

Airbnb is a TRAVELING app. How can I show it to anyone abroad when it's in a language people can't read? I can't get street assistance and having trouble passing border control, because I can't just show the app to a border guard, he can't read that!

Ridiculous. 

Nir-And0
Level 1
Rehovot, Israel

i've just changed my phone setting to English and it worked

I refuse to change my general phone settings only to to (hopefully) receive emails from airbnb in the language of my choice... what are the global settings for if these are not respected and reset every time I use the app?

We already did most of the debbugging for you, airBnB, could you please eventually fix that bug?

David4366
Level 1
Aalborg, Denmark

My phone settings are in Slovak, my airbnb (and I) is in Georgia (Asia) and my app is in Danish. It is completely stupid that you don't allow the user to change the setting, especially when the app has the languages built-in. I can't understand such a terrible practice from a revolutionary company that airbnb is.

Hello David,

I have same problem with Language, but my reply is about Georgia, which is Europe 💶🇬🇪, not Asia

With love from Georgia 🙂

Emma-and-József0
Level 3
Visegrád, Hungary

Totally, this is some kind of joke?

I can't change the apps language, 21st century?

I am Hungarian, I use my phone in English because of Google Assistant, and I only want to use the Airbnb app in Hungarian, since u set up Sunday as first day of the week hahahahahahaahhaha? What?

Please... Monday is the first day. 🙂

Or You are on Mars with Elon already? 🙃

József

I would also like to be able to set Monday as the first day of the week.

But for now I would be happy if the global settings respected my choice of language (and currency) and it was used for emails and as the default for the user interface (web and app).

Nguyen70
Level 1
Vientiane, Laos

I also have the same problems...​Pls help...​

Thuy7
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I just find the answer

Look at the end of the page, the right at bottom of the page. there is the button language and currency. Just chane the language.

Which page Thuy7? I can't find it. 

What page? I’m having the same problem!