Increasing booking

Increasing booking

Hi 

i am new to Airbnb. Joined late November.

my home is Secret Cove Salt Spring Island.

My first booking got a five star.. the home is very high end. We also have summer booked one person but I’m noticing people are looking for dates in February and January and have declined mine for less expensive stays.

i am not internet savvy and don’t know how it’s best to attract the high end clientele I need to do.

advice please.

9 Replies 9
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Penny309 Your place is stunning, and I don't see any issues with the listing overall that would be causing people not to book. 

Right now, there are no summer dates available on your calendar: your booking window ends in May, so guests aren't able to book summer dates. The early part of the year in Canada is typically quite slow. Couple that with the fact that Airbnb bookings are extremely slow at the moment overall, and you may just not get many bookings right now. It may not be you. Bear in mind that it takes hundreds of views to get one booking.  

It's tough to get bookings as a new host, and offering a discount definitely helps.  How does your current pricing stack up against your competition? You may have to drop it even further to get your first few reviews under your belt. Reviews are absolutely key to getting more bookings. Until you have 3 reviews, your place shows up as unrated in the search results. Having a shorter or no minimum stay in the offseason may also help you build those reviews.

Good luck! I hope things pick up for you. 

Thanks for your help.... my third guest is staying now. Im afraid my second guest was a loose cannon... felt I should not have booked them in at the time of their request.  left a mess and only gave me a 4... no toaster I think. I don't expect a high turnover of guests because I'm priced way higher than anyone else.

My third guests are wonderful. I'm just learning who will love the place.. who to book in etc.

Everyone on the forum have been wonderfully helpful incuding Airbnb.

the hard road ahead... I just think some hosts are amazing

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hi @Penny309 

When I check your listing there is NO availability in the coming months. Have you intentionally made it unavailable?

Yes I’m going to be there landscaping 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hi again  @Penny309 

I am wrong - There is availability for December 2020 and on into 2021.

Again, is this intentional?

Yes December is available. 

Thank you for helping a newby

Hi @Penny309 

I am confused - Do you want booking before December of this year?

If not then I suspect you won't get any bookings until people start looking for Christmas time which could be many months away yet.

Hi Mike andJane, I don’t want any bookings before December 2020.

sorry about the confusion