Less Bookings with new format?.

Answered!
Rosemary119
Level 2
Tamborine Mountain, Australia

Less Bookings with new format?.

Has anyone noticed less bookings coming through now since the new format??

I wonder if AirBnB bookings are down overall?

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Rosemary119  No bookings and just a single inquiry for Fall of 2023 since the summer "update".  Prior to that, lots of bookings and inquiries.  Have been receiving bookings from other sources.

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Rosemary119  No bookings and just a single inquiry for Fall of 2023 since the summer "update".  Prior to that, lots of bookings and inquiries.  Have been receiving bookings from other sources.

Rosemary119
Level 2

Thank goodness, I thought I was imagining things.  Less bookings, and yes, I have been getting more bookings from other booking platforms.  I also agree that the search engine is completely stuffed up.   Recently when putting in a destination, the options that came up were of an area 100kms apart and in one instance a ferry ride was also needed. Wrong!  
I wish AirBnB had left the formate alone as it worked well before. “If it aren’t broken why fix it”?.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Rosemary119 🌸

Yes, absolutely! Also viewings are down - I usually have around 8000/month viewings this time a year - now my stats show I have had around 200 for the last 30 days. They have completely screwed up the search system - it is as if many of us have become invisible. There are stories from many hosts in this community telling the same story 😕

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Rosemary119 

Yes, but you need to adapt to the new summer release to keep the business ongoing.

As explained in other threads about this subject.

Your listing is now assigned only to 1 of the new categories: "amazing views"

Rosemary119
Level 2

Where to I go to the “assigned categories”?  I have only seen a handful not the 40 odd that appear at the top of the page that one sees when looking to travel.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 

I got Airbnb to assign all three of my listings to three categories (the only ones they fit) and there was no improvement whatsoever to my bookings. In fact, my views went DOWN after that.

I honestly think that the majority of guests do not use categories to search. I have asked the guests I have hosted since the Summer Release and not a single one of them were even aware of categories and, when I showed them, they thought it was stupid.

Lori2634
Level 2
Tichborne, Canada

My bookings completely stopped after the update. This is so frustrating and when I called AirBnB fir help they basically said "this is the way it is". On the upside, VRBO is picking up some of the slack so I'll focus on their platfirm moving forward. 

Michael5047
Level 6
West Palm Beach, FL

Yes, fewer reservations but my views increased...

Mike from West Palm
Jodi372
Level 4
Los Angeles, CA

I went from two years of 21+ days of bookings per month to ZERO after the new update . Not even Labor Day weekend is booked . I’m a Super Host . Nothing has changed except the updated website . In fact , where my house is located has become an even bigger tourist destination . AIRBNB killed my business . Thanks a million ! 

Yep, devastated here. After several years setting up for Airbnb, we have only had 1 booking for 2 nights since listed in November . I have no response , after several discussions from Support team, for the last few days. Time to look for another service I suppose.

Tara174
Level 2
Cannonvale, Australia

Yes!!!