Liability insurance

Anita1299
Level 1
Lexington, KY

Liability insurance

Has anyone been able to get the cerificate from Airbnb that states that they have a million dollar liability policy.

4 Replies 4

Nope, but I wonder if a screenshot of their advertised page which indicates they offer a 3 million host protection can help you to show it to your homeowner's insurance, maybe?

I found that under hosting, and at the bottom of that page where it reads "airbnb your home" link, which brings you to the page where they list what they offer to hosts compared to other competitor sites.

Hope this helps.

Isabel

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Anita1299  AirBnB does not offer a certificate of insurance.  IMO, you should not be relying on AirBnB and should be carrying your own insurance policy -- one that names you and your property as well as defining the amount of coverage you are carrying.  

The problem is that in the state of Kentucky insurance companies won’t insure homes who are running an Airbnb. We will have to rely on the Airbnb policy to cover guests. Not sure that is wise. 

@Anita1299. Thats probably because only registered insurance companies can issue Certificates of Currency (Insurance) to prove they will indemnify, the amount of cover and the start and expiry dates. Last time I checked Aircover appears to be no more than a lot of marketing statements with terms and conditions and exclusions than an actual insurance policy IMO.

Seriously though, are you talking about public liability insurance for guests and their visitors (including trades and cleaners)? If so, I'm suprised no insurance company will offer that as part of your own home insurance.

But I'm not a Kentucky insurance broker- you may need to speak to a business insurance broker.