Loosing the Super host status

Loosing the Super host status

I have been hosting since 2016 - and soon became a Super host. In that period my listing has been featured as a Center fold highlight in the airbnb Magazine, film crews have shot videos for online campaigns and my photos have been used for other promotions like "The 10 best places for the Northern lights" etc.

In the beginning of April I got a notification that I lost my Super host status due to a cancellation in 2021. This is the only cancellation I have made from the beginning of hosting - and was surely due to Covid. At that time I was assured it wouldn't affect my status but unfortunately it was in a telephone conversation. 

On the 6th. of April this year 2022, after having reaches out for help, I got this message from Airbnb help: 

Along with the usual "copy paste" about how to improve my hosting, I got these infos:

- You’ve hosted at least 35 trips, or 200 nights
- You’ve maintained a response rate of at least 100%
- You’ve scored an average guest rating of at least 4.9
- You have a cancellation rate of 2.08% and it should be less than 1%.

I looked at my Super host status page and there it states that myCancellation rate 1.36% .

What does that mean? Over how long period do they measure to get this percentage ? why is there a difference from 1.36 - 2.08% between what I see and what they tell me? 

And most important, I was told that this one and only cancellation since the beginning of my hosting wouldn't count as it was due to Covid in 2021. What changed? WasCovid over in 2021 for them?

I asked these questions and  more and the answer I got on the seventh of April was:

"Thanks for taking the time to reach out. I'm going to forward your case to a member of our team who's in a better position to resolve this for you.
We can appreciate that this may have caused some inconvenience to you Kristján, so we're grateful for your patience.
Best regards, Renee"

Now it's been almost 2 weeks and still I haven't got any answers - Maybe because I am not a Super host anymore?

Kristjan 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2810308?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=315b30c3-fb05-4174-8b60-...

**[Name hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kristján1 Having looked at your listing and it's reviews I am certain that the lack of Superhost status will not affect your bookings at all. That said I am your situation is irritating and hope that Airbnb correct their mistake.

I love Iceland and hope to return one day. Your house rule that says 'leave the house unlocked with the keys inside' just shows what a wonderful place it is.