Major Slow Down in Bookings

Veronica1100
Level 1
Westlake Village, CA

Major Slow Down in Bookings

Hello everyone. I have been booked almost every week since February and suddenly the booking requests have stopped for December and the rest of 2023. Is anybody experiencing this? My listing is in Topanga near Malibu California.

20 Replies 20
Toni4739
Level 2
Coahoma, TX

OMG Honey , it's just not only you and your area . As baffling as it is and as targeted as it seems its apparently  epidemic and widespread nationally .

I opened in August.  Stayed steadily Booked with no time for even a breath between guests . On the first of January , it was announced I had achieved  super host  status. As if prearranged, it's fallen silent . Not but one 0r two inquiries I'm near positive  Were bogus or nair de wells flying under the radar. Naturally  , those were a firm  'No .' From Christmas  Day onward , crickets chirping , dust blowing  and spaghetti  western  theme songs playing in the back ground . This entire area of the Permian Basin  has all but fallen silent . It doesnt seem to pick and Choose . Nobody in our general area is renting. Even the stray overnighter has become a rare occurrenc.  I've spoken to other hosts in this area . Nobody's  doing much better.  The guest has become  a rare bird . My guests were predominantly  associated  with the local refinery's, pipelines and wind farms that flourish  here . As far as I can tell all these are still thriving.  They just arent booking their people with Air B n B . Its widespread.  Following  suggestions  and tweaking  My stays daily has had no effect.  I feel it's something  we will Have to wait out.  It's quite devastating  in so many levels. it will turn around but at its own choosing .  we have to wait it out I suppose  or get that part time position weve all been avoiding and dodging.  As if this time of year isnt trying  and stressful  enough on the majority of the population.  This to shall pass . Hang in there is the best I have to offer. 

Amanda1947
Level 2
Boise, ID

Hi Veronica,

I've had the same issue. I had an AirBnB running for 2.5 years that was almost always totally booked. I keep my prices low, am close to downtown Boise, and am a mile from the airport. I am in an IDEAL location and am a superhost. My bookings went off a cliff in December and I had no requests up to now. I have decided to remove my listing as I am tired of being on notice and am planning to relist in April as I'm hoping the market will even out by then. 

Good luck!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Amanda1947 ,

Really sorry to hear about this. Did you also manage to connect with Hosts near you to know if they are facing the same issues?

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Bhumika,

I have not. I'm not sure how that would help me?

I had constant bookings back to back and well over a hundred reviews. I'm not sure what could be done at this point to improve the listing. This seems to be more of an issue with the algorithm and the market. 

Thanks,

Amanda

John6892
Level 2
New River, AZ

yes indeed, most place and "Snowflake" was full except for three days last March and March 2023 only had three bookings for the first time I just lowered the price about 10%

Pamela219
Level 2
London Borough of Waltham Forest, United Kingdom

Yes indeed I have not even received any enquiries let alone a booking for the mid section of my calendar for December, and nothing for most of January s d so forth. I noticed also that Airbnb advertising seems to have stopped on the tv recently? Usually you can’t get enough of it??