Misselling a booking in Cyprus

Kalina28
Level 1
Colchester, United Kingdom

Misselling a booking in Cyprus

Hello everyone,

I've been using AirBnB for many years and I have never had such a disappointing experience. I've booked an apartment in Paphos in Cyprus and before making the booking I exchanged messages with the host making sure that I was booking a two-bedroom flat as I noted in the reviews that the host was also offering a one-bedroom flat in the building as well. The host assured me it was a two-bedroom flat I was booking and I completed the reservation, paid the money etc. Now a month later she informs me that I booked the one-bedroom flat which is a sheer lie. The response from the Help team was to simply refund the money I had already paid and to advise me to look for and book another property.  The situation has caused considerable problems for my family and now near to the holiday dates it is more difficult and more expensive to find suitable accommodation.

Does anyone know what compensation I'm entitled to in such a situation?

Many thanks in advance for any tips and ideas you might have.

Best,

Kalina

1 Reply 1

@Kalina28   You're contractually entitled to the full refund that has already been approved. Anything beyond that is basically at Airbnb's discretion, which means you're most likely at a dead end.