Missing $37,143 payout.

Olatunji2
Level 2
Ikeja, Nigeria

Missing $37,143 payout.

Between 6 Sept 2021 and 22 May 2022 I earned $37, 143 on Airbnb. The fact that airbnb does not remit money to local banks in my country  meant I had to use multiple friends accounts in the US to collect my payouts before this time interval. When I eventually got a US account in September 2021 I decided to set a minimum payout of $49,999. By mid May 2022 I had earned over $40,000 and I decided to collect my payouts. I edited my minimum payout to $1,000 expecting airbnb to release all my expected payouts. To my surprise, only Money earned after22 May 2022 were released.  It has been 63 days I have been engaging Airbnb on this issue. On 6 July 2022 one of their team members messaged me to confirm the missing amount was $37,143. I confirmed the figure, he acknowledged receipt of my confirmation and that day airbnb removed $37,068 from my Expected payouts. Since the removal of the $37,068 I have been trying fruitlessly to get airbnb to put my money in my bank account. It has been 63 days since I opened a complaint. They investigated my claims and admitted a computer glitch caused the error. The specialized team member who investigated my claim goes by the name Mary. She apologized for the inconveniences to me and said she must close the case so that she could forward the report of her findings to Airbnb technical team. She promised the technical team would contact me. The case has since been closed. No one contacted me ever me since. All efforts I make to get my money are now ignored by airbnb in their entirety. I have reached out to them on twitter and other platforms without success. I am desperate. I need the funds. I am running behind on my loans, mortgages and utility bills. I am paying penalties as a result of the default. Airbnb removed money from my expected payouts, closed my case and ignored me completely ever since. I need help please!!!! 

3 Replies 3
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Olatunji2 , I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm forwarding your case to the payments team now, they'll be in touch with you and if I hear more in the meantime I'll let you know!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Such a creativity. I needed good laughter so badly

So, my plight sounds funny to you or what? please clarify!!