Missing payout- collection issue

Hamed1411
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Missing payout- collection issue

Hi everyone, 

I am in a bit of strange situation and Airbnb support team was not supportive at all in this case (I called 5 times and messaged several poeple from the support, still no clear answer). 

So the story is that I had a reservation from a guest who was planning to stay for 8 months. He checked in, and then I received the payment for the first months. 

Then two weeks after, I got an email that Airbnb has problem collecting the payment from the guest. And then the guess cancelled the reservation the same day and I got this email: ...."If your guest doesn't successfully submit payment or if they cancel the reservation before making the payment, Airbnb isn't liable for issuing your host payout. " 

So based on my cancellation policy, the guest is responsible for 30 days after cancelling. Since he was already charged for the first full month, that means 15 days of the next months should be collected from him as well. And I could see a partial upcoming payment for that in payout section of my account. However, I never received the payment and I contacted Airbnb many times to get a clear answer what is going and surprisingly this time they are not helpful at all. Every time they say there is a special group/team that takes of care of missing payments and they will contact me, but hasn't happened so far 😕 

So, I'm wondering what would happen if the guess wouldn't just pay the 15 days? Does that email that I had receive mean that I would lose this payment? 

This is very annoying and nobody gives me a clear answer from Airbnb side... 

0 Replies 0