New airbnb permit for hosting in Berlin

New airbnb permit for hosting in Berlin

Hi

We have a flat in berlin (friedrichshain-kreuzberg area) that we want to rent as an airbnb for a couple of months a year. (its a secondary residence).

I understand that one must apply for a permit to use this as a short term rental, however ive been reading all sorts of things regarding permits not being granted. FYI the permit would be for the full apartment , for max 2 -3 months a year.

was wondering if anyone  has gone through this process recently (2023 onwards)? And if so any challenges they faced.

very grateful for any learnings.

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Surya52 , Have you managed to research more information about regulations and permits required to host in Berlin? 

I am reaching out to experienced Hosts in the Community Center from Germany, if they have any advise for us about the hosting permits and process in the region :  @Till-and-Jutta0 @Tobias418 @Stefano1352 @Vincenzo656 @Muharrem4 @Winnie128 .

There's also an Airbnb article that can help with a general idea about regulations in Berlin : 

Hope it helps while we wait for Host members to guide us through the permit process 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thanks for tagging @Bhumika   

Hello @Surya52 as long as it is your second home, you can get a permit for 90 days a year from the relevant district office. However, 90 days is not a period, but the pure duration of an overnight stay. So just about 4 months a year. I host
such solutions in Berlin and that works very well.

Thanks @Tobias418  !