Newbie host

Newbie host

Hi there! I would like to ask for your tips on how to be success in this kind of business. I just started listing today.

12 Replies 12
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Abigail379 first thing you need to do is look at your listing through a guests eyes. I have no idea what you offer - Is it a room in a hotel or in a house. Also you don't offer hot water which is odd to say the least.

This is a great advice!

When we set up as Airbnb we addressed everything we thought all places we ever stayed in were lacking.

We always try to look at everything from the guests perspective yet ensuring we have clear boundaries.

Be friendly, proactive and clear in all your communication.

Make feel your guests welcome from the moment the request to book comes in.

If you like hosting, not just making money, it is really not that difficult to create 5 star experience and become guests favourite listing.

Best of luck! 

Got this, thank you

Thanks, Mike! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Abigail379, welcome to Airbnb and to the Community Center! We wish you all the success in your hosting journey 😊

Our experienced host Mike has shared a suggestion: it could be beneficial to clarify what type of accommodation you are offering.

I’m tagging some of our experienced hosts here to see if they would like to share their insights with you: @Dr-Jayanthi1@Sussy0@Jamie600@Steven1482 @Katarzyna87 @Jim-and-Caroline0 @Ema3296 and @Oksana127 

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you for the opportunity @Paula , hope I am permitted to share my earlier post with the Newbie. Request your insights.

TIA

Hi @Abigail379 

I love the branding and Canva photos... adorable.  If I was looking at it as a guest I would have a difficult time conceptualizing the space and what the exterior of the listing looks like. Can you add some shots of the entire room without graphics? I would also go through the list of amenities and add the hot water and other amenities you have. It is an adorable listing. 💛

I used ChatGPT to rewrite your description if you want it: Experience the perfect blend of luxury and affordability in our inviting room, designed to create unforgettable memories with your loved ones. For an extra touch, we also offer customizable themed rooms for special occasions upon request.

Thanks for your insights, Jamie

Dr-Jayanthi1
Level 10
Coimbatore, India

Thank you @Paula . Regards @Jamie600 @Mike-And-Jane0 for the 'spot on" comments. 

Hey @Abigail379 , You do have a beautiful space to show up your hospitality. I sincerely suggest you take the tips from @Jamie600  and @Mike-And-Jane0 . You have great pictures. The space is well demonstrated, the lighting of the pictures are good, but they are all crowded and masked by your "wordy" depiction. Make your photo tour exclusive, add comments only when you may need them. Currently I don't see a need to them , specific comments can be made on learnings from guest use or abuse. I do believe all guests understand the language and the love on creating "exclusive spaces" . 

Request you to work on the descriptions, you may follow the leads from my post - https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/Unlocking-the-Power-of-AI-Series-2-Descriptions.... Hope to be of use to you. Include details of the exteriors, type of accommodation, shared spaces, privacy details, services/amenities available. Add on the necessary amenities as suggested. 

Describe your locality, neighbourhood, access to local attractions. Access to you as a host.

Add in the unique features of your space, highlight the extras that you may offer to your guests. 

Wish you can work on a lot of details.

The Airbnb application is a DIY platform and I am sure you will enjoy working with it.

In case of any specific needs do feel free to connect. 

You have created a great stay, make your guests feel the efforts with subtle descriptions and use the power of the lovely pictures you have made.

Love to follow your hosting experiences, my best wishes. 😍👍

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Amazing, @Dr-Jayanthi1 Thank you so much for these valuable suggestions and for taking the time to share them with @Abigail379.

We’re really looking forward to hearing your thoughts, @Abigail379. Which of these suggestions are you planning to implement—or maybe all of them? 😜

Keep us posted!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you , Paula! These insights would greatly help me alot. Thank you guys! 

Mike3102
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi @Abigail379 , 

Your photos are actually pretty great, and I love the overall yellow theme. I would concentrate on a few things listed below. 

1. Your cover photo has "The Sunset Haven, Your cozy Cabin" in the middle, that's too large. I feel you've crammed 5 photos in your cover photo and covered with the focal point with your logo. Instead, experiment the cover photo to be a single photo that's warm, inviting or intriguing. 

2. You say it's a cabin, but there is no cabin photos. The photos are taken at night and have no clue what's outside of the windows. 

3. You say it's The Sunset Haven, but no photo's of the sunset. If there is sunset view, I recommend maybe a photo of it along with wine and 2 glasses, maybe small plate of fruits or berries. You want your guests to think "I want to be there" or "I want to experience that". 
4. It may be me, but the toys are overpowering. Having not one, but two human size toys takes the coziness out of the place. 

5. Description needs serious work. Please review some of your local listings, especially the successful ones. See what and how they describe. 

Hope this helps.