Not got a second guest

Victoria1620
Level 1
Abuja, Nigeria

Not got a second guest

After the first guest, I haven't gotten another guest. Am I doing anything wrong?

2 Replies 2

@Victoria1620 Not necessarily. New listings are briefly given prime positioning in search results to help get their first bookings, but once this expires, they only have their natural competitive advantages to work with - price, location, special amenities, etc. Airbnb's search redesign hasn't helped, as many well-established hosts have also reported that bookings have fallen off a cliff over the past month.

It could also be that Airbnb is just not a significant player in your local travel market. The company has aggressively promoted its product in North America, Europe, and Australia, and wasted tons of money on an aborted attempt at China, but it's ignored Africa altogether and there's no sign that will change. When you think of who your target customers are, are you sure Airbnb is their platform of choice? 

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

I definitely concur with @Anonymous   
However, in the meantime, I would recommend telling something about yourself, your hobbies—make yourself personable. I also recommend providing info on areas, sites, restaurants, or nearby events to visit.