Now what? Class B Status, building prohibited, Registration, Confusion

Answered!
Glorya0
Level 1
New York, NY

Now what? Class B Status, building prohibited, Registration, Confusion

I don't know how to go forward and can use advise, help, etc...My listing is unlisted as my Building is not a Class B...the Landlords prohibited the entire building from doing Airbnb. Has anyone else run into the situation and know how to find a solution. I have enjoyed the last Airbnb guests I hosted and this helps me pay rent as I am disabled on a fixed budget.

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If your building is prohibited from doing STR then I'm afraid you won't be able to. @Glorya0 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If your building is prohibited from doing STR then I'm afraid you won't be able to. @Glorya0 

I believe you maybe correct, although it doesn't make sense here in NYC where everyone is living in a Gig-economy. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

no not everyone in New York is involved 'in the gig economy' millions of New York residents aren't . 

It makes perfect sense for apartment  owners to protect residents from anti social behaviour . STR guests can cause noise and disruption in apartment blocks causing a nightmare for residents .

it's really best to check any restrictions in your lease before setting up an STR business  and of course in New York the new STR licensing scheme @Glorya0