Nuki outage - no personal code possible: Any ideas?

Rocky18
Level 2
Neuberg, Germany

Nuki outage - no personal code possible: Any ideas?

Hi all, 
I currently use Nuki to always send my guests a personal code when they book. Last month, my internet went down, which meant I couldn't generate a code. My mother then had to drive to the property, restart the router, take out the Nuki bridge and plug it back in. Then it worked again.
Does anyone else also suffer from this problem?
Does anyone know a good solution for that?

Best

Rocky

8 Replies 8
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Rocky18 , Were there any further instances of code error other than this one? Did you also reach out to Nuki's customer service to better understand what could be the issue? 

I'm also inviting a few Hosts to this topic who've shared that they use Nuki, if they have any guidance for us or have faced a similar occurrence of not being able to generate a code : @Patty352 @Valdis-and-Eva0 @Christoph1960 @Margaret491 @Christopher1939 . Looking forward to their insights! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Bhumika, thank you for your helpful reply. Yes, I have also reached out to Nuki. They simply told me re-start my wifi + take of Nuki. However, this approach requires having someone physical in my rental. Unfortunately, they don't have any possibilities to resolve this issue digitally. 

Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Rocky18  I am not familiar with Nukie however I use the Ezlo hub to manage my locks. This does happen occasionally where the bridge loses connection to the locks. I will have my housekeeper reboot it. 
it doesn’t happen often thankfully and have been using them for a long time among many units. 
what I do as a fail safe is to add extra codes to each  lock such as 1111 or 3333 and that way if I can’t connect to the lock or hub I just give the guests one of those codes. 

Karen

Thank you, @Karen114 , for your helpful answer. I am quite surprised that there is no smart digital solution for this issue. I have the gut feeling that many hosts are suffering from this issue but they don't speak loud...

Patty352
Level 2
Bamburgh, United Kingdom

Hi,

I didn't renew my annual subscriptions x2 for Nuki integration to Airbnb because of the issue with codes not being generated.  It didn't appear to be linked to a power cuts my end as I can see when there are outages from my Tado heating and hot water app. Now I add the codes manually which I can manage with three listings.

The only slight issue with Nuki now is I will have to delete my devices and re-add them to be able to delete some old User codes.  Doing this also deletes all Entry Codes I have added manually so I need to do this when I have no bookings.

This sounds quite annoying, @Patty352. It is extremely horrible to have several phone calls during your holiday to find someone within your family who can physically restart everything...

Stefan4727
Level 2
Pembroke, Malta

Oh, where do I even begin with our fabulous experience with Nuki? Let me take you on a thrilling ride:

We were oh-so-lucky to purchase the recommended setup: Lock + Bridge + Keypad. Sounds perfect, right? And for two whole weeks, it worked like an absolute dream—well, if your dream is minimal functionality. But wait, week three rolls around, and just like that, it goes offline. The Bridge? Oh, it’s still there, smugly reachable and restartable, but it does absolutely nothing to fix the issue. Charming.

1. Monday: I thought, “Let’s give Nuki a call!” It only took a casual two hours to get a human on the line. The expert advice? A factory reset. Brilliant. Exactly what you want to do with a remote vacation property. 

2. Tuesday: Round two. I basically had to beg them to even look at the bridge's log files—because apparently, why would they care about their own product’s logs? Twice a day status updates, they said. Twice a day! Wanna guess how many times they called me back? Oh right, exactly zero. Shocker.

3. Wednesday: Ah, the plot thickens. I tried again (because clearly, I enjoy the pain). My last attempt of the day? Started at 17:30. After sitting on hold for 21 minutes, I got the delightful message, “Oh, sorry, we’re closed now. Byeee!” They close at 18:00. Impeccable timing, truly.

4. Thursday: My personal favorite. Desperation set in, so I turned to the Nuki forum to flood it with angry comments. Because clearly, making a scene is the only way to get any attention from these people. By some miracle, Thursday afternoon, someone finally decided to glance at my log files. A standing ovation, please.

5. Friday: Guess what? The lock is still offline, guests can’t use it, and all Nuki can tell me is that a firmware update is needed. When will that happen? “Maybe next week, maybe not.” Oh, and they still haven’t explained how they’re planning to install that firmware on a device that is... you guessed it, offline. Pure genius.

We chose Nuki as a test for our property. Spoiler alert: that test failed miserably. The technical problems are bad enough, but the support? Nonexistent, useless, and honestly, a little bit laughable. Because what’s the point of having a product if the support is this chef’s kiss flawless?

@Rocky18 

It seems clear from the other comments here that this lock is not going to work for you; especially if you are operating remotely.

Here are the locks many Hosts use that are reliable and have a proven track record:

1, Schlage Encode or Schlage Encode Plus

2, Yale Assure 2

3. eufy model S330

(comb smartlock, camera and doorbell so its the most expensive but provides 3 functions in one)