Occupancy Taxes - Washington State

Jess3649
Level 2
Lakewood, WA

Occupancy Taxes - Washington State

I'm fairly new to Airbnb, and I currently have my first guest in my home. On their reservation for 12 days, Airbnb automatically collected Occupancy taxes and added it to the total. I received a new request today for a 36 day stay, and the total does not reflect any Occupancy taxes.

Some things have changed on the site recently, such as how pricing is shown, so I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly before I accept the request. I reached out to Airbnb Help, but they didn't definitively answer me. 

Am I responsible for collecting these taxes? Or are there no occupancy taxes because it is greater than 30 days?

If it helps, my taxes section under my listing says it will be collected. So I am guessing probably the 30 days or more thing... but I don't want to mess this up before accepting the request.

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Thank you! That answered it perfectly. I appreciate you

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jess3649 do you know what your state's laws are regarding when a guest becomes a tenant? It is often 30ish days in many US states at which point your inadvertent tenant would be hard to evict.