One account with two listings for different entities (different STR numbers)

Answered!

One account with two listings for different entities (different STR numbers)

Hi. I co-own and manage a property with partners. I have also my own property that I am listing that is under a separate llc and str number. Can I host both properties on my same airbnb account?

Thanks!

1 Best Answer

Hello! Yes, you can host multiple properties on the same Airbnb account, even if those properties are owned by different LLCs or have separate short-term rental (STR) numbers. Airbnb allows hosts to manage multiple listings under one account, making it easier to keep track of bookings, communicate with guests, and update listing information across all your properties.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. Listing Details: Ensure that each property listing accurately reflects the ownership and STR number specific to that property. This helps in maintaining transparency with your guests and complies with local regulations.

2. Local Regulations: Each property may be subject to different local laws and regulations regarding short-term rentals. It's important to ensure that each listing complies with the rules specific to its location. This might include zoning laws, taxes, licensing, and registration requirements.

3. Separate Financials: Since your properties are under different LLCs, you might want to keep their financials separate for accounting purposes. While Airbnb provides tools for tracking earnings and expenses per listing, you should also consult with a financial advisor or use dedicated accounting software to manage the finances of each LLC separately.

4. Insurance and Liability: Ensure that each property is adequately insured and that the insurance policy reflects the ownership and usage of the property as a short-term rental. Different LLCs may have different insurance requirements.

Remember, it's always a good idea to verify the specific requirements with local authorities or a legal advisor, as regulations can vary significantly by location and may change over time. If you have any further questions or need clarification on regulations, our team is here to help.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello! Yes, you can host multiple properties on the same Airbnb account, even if those properties are owned by different LLCs or have separate short-term rental (STR) numbers. Airbnb allows hosts to manage multiple listings under one account, making it easier to keep track of bookings, communicate with guests, and update listing information across all your properties.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. Listing Details: Ensure that each property listing accurately reflects the ownership and STR number specific to that property. This helps in maintaining transparency with your guests and complies with local regulations.

2. Local Regulations: Each property may be subject to different local laws and regulations regarding short-term rentals. It's important to ensure that each listing complies with the rules specific to its location. This might include zoning laws, taxes, licensing, and registration requirements.

3. Separate Financials: Since your properties are under different LLCs, you might want to keep their financials separate for accounting purposes. While Airbnb provides tools for tracking earnings and expenses per listing, you should also consult with a financial advisor or use dedicated accounting software to manage the finances of each LLC separately.

4. Insurance and Liability: Ensure that each property is adequately insured and that the insurance policy reflects the ownership and usage of the property as a short-term rental. Different LLCs may have different insurance requirements.

Remember, it's always a good idea to verify the specific requirements with local authorities or a legal advisor, as regulations can vary significantly by location and may change over time. If you have any further questions or need clarification on regulations, our team is here to help.

Thank you! One more question about guest resolutions, regarding the two different property llc's on our one account. If a guest requests a refund for some reason how do we make sure the money is coming from the correct listing? in other words, does it just come out of the next reservation on either property? Or do the properties stay independent in that sense?

Thanks!

Certainly! In the case of managing refunds or resolutions across properties owned by different LLCs on the same Airbnb account, here’s a streamlined approach with a practical example for clarity:

Example Situation: Imagine a guest staying at Property A (owned by LLC A) has a resolution case and is granted a refund. However, the timing of the refund coincides with the next payout, which is primarily for Property B (owned by LLC B).

Handling the Financial Transfer:

1. Airbnb Refund Process: Airbnb will process the refund to the guest from the host's upcoming payouts. If the next payout is for Property B, Airbnb's system will automatically deduct the refund amount from this payout.
  2. Manual Adjustment Between LLCs: Since the refund affects the financials of LLC A but is taken from the payout of LLC B, you'll need to manually transfer funds to correct this:
    • Write a Check or Transfer Funds: The host (you) should manually transfer the equivalent refund amount from LLC A to LLC B. This can be done by writing a check from LLC A to LLC B or through a bank transfer, depending on your banking setup.
    • Keep Detailed Records: Document this transaction meticulously. Record the reason for the transfer (i.e., guest refund for Property A), the amount, and the date. This ensures that both LLCs' financial records accurately reflect the transaction and maintains clarity for tax and accounting purposes.

Best Practices for Financial Management:

• Separate Bank Accounts: If not already in place, having separate bank accounts for each LLC can simplify tracking these transfers and ensure clear financial separation.
  • Consult with a Professional: Consider consulting with a financial advisor or accountant specializing in real estate or short-term rentals to ensure that these manual adjustments are correctly recorded and comply with tax regulations.

Summary: While Airbnb's system manages each property independently, refunds affecting multiple LLCs require manual financial adjustments. By transferring funds between the LLCs to correct for the refunded amount and keeping detailed records of these transactions, you can maintain accurate financial records for each entity. This approach ensures transparency and compliance with financial regulations, preserving the integrity of each LLC's financial statements.

Hello, i would like to know how can it be done. Do i enter the different owner when setting up the new listing or i should do it after. In my case i want to add a new listing to my account which is owned by a different company. This new listing's payments and billing should be to the company, owner of it.