Paris Hosting

Paris Hosting

Hi - I'm a Uk citizen and UK resident for tax. I own an apartment in Paris that I would be interested in listing on Airbnb. I understand there are quite strict rules regarding short term rentals in Paris. Would I be correct in saying that I can only list my property for 120 days/year and in order to do that I would need to live in my property for at least 180 day (and therefore become a French resident).

As it is the apartment sits empty for most of the year and has done for the last 10 years.

Any help/guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

8 Replies 8
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Andrew2707 

I’ve direct message to your inbox.

Hi @Dale711 when I try to check my messages the system says Access Denied I dont have sufficient privileges. I guess as it new account I need to wait until a certain amount of posts in order to be able to send and receive direct messages. Thanks anyway Andrew.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Andrew2707 

Home-owners in Paris are allowed to rent out their apartments on short-term rental websites for up to 120 days a year.

Any more than this, however, and it is then considered a business – so becomes subject to tighter regulations and additional tax.

The subjective of the location in which arrondissement, definitely not in the 75001 to 75018..

You could get a co.host to stay in the home and help you to run the monthly rental if you have several room in the house.

Where is your property district? and the house is referring to F2/ T2 ? F3/ T3?….

hi @Dale711,

I am a co-host looking for a home-owner like you. I live in Paris, speak English and avaible for give a hand. So if you need some help, let me know at** personal details hidden **

Hi, It's T3 in 75004. My understanding was I could only rent it out for 120 days if I lived in it for 180 days.

Thanks

Andrew

Sonia1380
Level 1
Grapevine, TX

Hi Andrew. I am currently looking for an apt in Paris for short-term rental. how do i find your information? Sonia

Hi @Sonia1380 Sorry our apartment is not currently available for short term rental. Good luck in your search for a suitable apartment.

Andrew

Peyman8
Level 2
Paris, France

Hi it’s depends where you are and yes its should not be more than 4months, but if anyone lives that you can rent as much as you do,like what i am doing, by the way you can have look at my profile i live in Paris and trying to find other airbnb places for welcoming people and managing their flat,if you interested let me know,thanks😊