Partial refund

Stephanie144
Level 2
Delray Beach, FL

Partial refund

My guest's flight was cancelled twice and he arrived 2 days later than scheduled. I  offered to allow him to stay one extra night or refund one night. He has decided to be refunded for one night.

Is there a way I can issue a partial refund that will give him what he paid for one night without me paying the fees for him?

Looks like I can reimburse what I received per night, which means he loses the fees he paid. 

Thank you!

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Stephanie144 

You can use "change" option on the reservation.

Click in the price field on the change form and amend the price.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Stephanie144,

I don't recommend that you continue to offer refunds for travel events that are not your fault or responsibility.  The guest should have travel insurance, and would have been reimbursed for non-refundable costs due to trip interruption and trip delays.  The most that I would have done was offered to amend the dates of his reservation to start two days later, if the space would be available for a later checkout date.  

Richard531
Level 10
California, United States

Exactly what @Debra300 said. 

If it's out of your control, it's not a "refund" it's a donation.  Businesses that make donations to their customers don't stay in business for the long haul. 

Ursula117
Level 3
Ottawa, Canada

Im in the same boat.  I had a guest cancel at the last minute due to sympathetic circumstances and I offered her a refund on whatever I could rebook.  I rebooked 5 of her 7 nights but because I’m not giving her a complete refund AirBnb is keeping all the fees as well as all the sales tax,  I’d like her to get a 71% refund but she will only see 45%, a difference of $900.

it’s pretty stinky.