Payment problem (Airbnb & Payoneer)

Ersin15
Level 2
Çeşme, Türkiye

Payment problem (Airbnb & Payoneer)

I am a host on Airbnb. I did not receive the payments for the last two reservations. Airbnb sends payment receipts but no money is sent from Payoneer to my bank. I wrote to Payoneer about this but they told me "We cannot give you information, please contact Airbnb Help Desk". I have an 18-day guest coming today and I still haven't received the previous 2 payments (10 days have passed).

Why am I writing this, because normally money would be credited to my account 1 day after guest check-in. I am worried, I ask myself if I have made a mistake in working with Airbnb. If this issue is not fixed I will have to reconsider working with Airbnb.

Can an Airbnb manager who sees this article please take responsibility for the issue?

Ersin

@Ersin15 

7 Replies 7
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Ersin15 Payoneer is only an internal carriage system and has nothing to do with if your payment has been sent or not . Yes . Go directly to Airbnb again. Airbnb will put a note on your payment of 'pending ' or"sent" and a date of arrival , not a reciept as such . A receipt can be printed and given to the customer but has only to do with their payment not your payment.  Please go into your 'reservations and check the status of your payments, because I do not think it is as you say as such. Sometimes if more than one or two payments fall in a month then the payments are sent all together . That may be the case here. .... H  

@Helen744  Thank's for the information. But the Airbnb system says "payments sent". There are 12 days past the estimated arrival date of the payments. I don't know about the monthly lump sum payment system. My payments always arrive at my bank within 2-3 days of after guests checking in (except holidays). I would like to know why a payment with an Estimated Time of Arrival has not yet arrived. Of course, we should be informed. People are losing trust. I'm sure we all have a pay list. It is important to receive payments on time.

@Ersin15 If it says the payment has been sent then it has. Where its gone to is now the issue . Did you change any bank details ?It now sounds like an internal bank issue . Things happen and I have seen people give advice here about changing bank details if a payment seems late. Really the wrong thing to do, especially if the payment has been sent, as it will then bounce back before arriving and will only make matters worse. Let us know if your payment arrived... H

Ersin15
Level 2
Çeşme, Türkiye

@Bhumika 

Dear Bhumika,

Also want to tell you about the subject. Maybe you can forward this problem I'm having in the right department. Thanks for your supportting.

Since I have never experienced successive payment delays (or problems), my level of anxiety is increasing. Because until today I was getting my payments (the day after check-in) in a great order. If a only one payment was late, I could understand that. But the third payment is also delayed. I would like to state that I am hungry for explanatory information on this subject. I'm scared as if I'm not going to get paid at all. This trauma has hit me hard and I don't know how I will trust Airbnb to accept reservations after today. Please don't upset us small business partners any more. I await your response as promptly as possible.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Reservation numbers for overdue payments (**)

**[Reservation number hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Ersin15 , I cannot imagine how distressing it must be for you and totally understand how you feel about the situation.

Thank you for sharing that you have already contacted Payoneer about it. Although, I cannot promise if I can help expedite the resolution for you as we are not a part of Airbnb Customer Support and have no say in how payments are handled.

But I have made sure to reach out to the team that may advise further.

Hope this gets resolved for you soon~

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Kyle926
Level 2
Flaxton, Australia

Hi everyone - I’m so glad I am reading this thread. I wish I saw this on 29th Dec 2023 when I was trying to deal with the frustratingly endless standard replies from AirBnB. Regarding Payoneer not processing AirBnB payments - yet again! This happens all the time with Payoneer and AirBnB just signed another 3 year contract with Payoneer in September 2023. This is not good!

As a SuperHost I had been hosting and receiving payments no problem since June 2023.

On 29th Dec 2023 I received an email out of the blue stating my payments were on hold and I was required to update my bank details.

Thinking it was a scam - I went to my AirBnB app and noticed my regular bank details (the same bank details I have had for 25 years) has a red alert symbol stating they were invalid.

I was very confused and AirBnB gave me standard email replies with links to how to set up a payment method. They treated me like I was stupid and they clearly did not care or read my concerns properly.

Meanwhile - all payments stopped over the busy Christmas/New Year period…

I realised it was easier to do as directed and set up my same bank account details again. 
After being passed to 17 different AirBnB customer agents and 3 full days of being incredibly stressed out, cleaning the festivity-mess of 21 Guests over this time and having to remove myself from my precious family when trying to deal with AirBnB and feeling like my intelligence level was in the gutter - I finally started receiving payments again on 15th January 2024!

After much stress and starting all over again, 17 different times, turns out AirBnB made me validate my bank details 3 times. My bank details never changed once - they were re-validating the exact same bank account!!! I was starting to go crazy…

Today on 16th January 2024 I finally received an apology from AirBnB. They said there was a problem with Payoneer their payment processing service. AirBnB offered me a USD100 voucher. It hardly seems fair. I was denied payments. I was made to feel like a fool. I was patronised by AirBnB customer agents by them not reading my problem properly and offering standard replies with stand links that didn’t related to my issues. It cause me family problems during New Year with 3 full days of going around in circles with AirBnB. 
Yet reading your experience and others on this forum - I am shocked to discover this happens to Hosts all over the world all the time!!!

After my awful experience I think I have PTSD. I have blocked out my Hosting calendar while I consider my future as a SuperHost with AirBnB…

I'm experiencing this exact issue. I haven't received funds from 2 of my guests from late December. I suddenly had to reinput info regarding my bank account, the same payout method that was already verified weeks before. Then they told me to contact my bank, my bank then said there's no issue on their end. Then Airbnb told me to contact Payoneer directly, and they told me to contact Airbnb! This is extremely frustrating.