Payout missing

Michelle2167
Level 2
Grewelthorpe, United Kingdom

Payout missing

We had guests stay over Christmas and were due to be paid out on the 28th. The guest has altered their reservation before coming to add 3 additional people. The 28th came and went with no payment (still showing in upcoming) I have phoned air bnb and spoken to them on the chat. They repeatedly told me payment had been released (it hasn’t) then said there was a technical issue. It’s now 3rd jan and it still shows as upcoming. The oddest thing is that firstly when I call, no one will talk to me as I have someone dealing with my query on an “open ticket” the girl dealing with my enquiry phoned me on the 31st to say she wouldn’t be in the office until the 3rd but she had to close the ticket in order for the issue to be dealt with. I mentioned to her this is most unusual as to close my concern indicates it is solved which it is not. She assured me this is the only way it will be resolved. I messaged today to ask for an update, and she sent me a message saying that by sending a message to her I have now reopened the ticket which means it can’t be worked on.... ?! Anyone had any experience of this or how to get it resolved, it seems utterly ridiculous- my guest has stayed, left and I haven’t been paid? Surely it’s just a case of releasing funds? My guest has paid air bnb they just haven’t paid me! 

1 Reply 1
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Michelle2167I can't say for certain, but my guess would be based on the sequence of events that the extra payment for the additional 3 guests failed. Airbnb won't pay out any money until they have all of it: they won't issue a partial payment. Really unfair to hosts, but that's the way the system works. 

Their response is utterly ridiculous. I have no real suggestion except to ask to speak with a supervisor (which typically doesn't work, but worth a try) or someone else who can advise how to proceed. If no joy there, contact them on Twitter @airbnbhelp: they seem to be more helpful there.