Privte notes for returning guests

Answered!
Anthony1804
Level 2
Nimbin, Australia

Privte notes for returning guests

Hi

Ive just had 2 old ladies stay with us, i laid out 1 set of towels in each of the private rooms. Today on checkout i found the ladies both stayed in the same room.

Is it possible for me to add a note to the guests profile, so that should she book again, i will have a note telling me to put both sets of towels in 1 room.

In other words is it possible to build a guests profile just for my listing, that only i can see?

A guest profile seems to me to be a pretty basic thing in the accommodation industry.

Cheers

1 Best Answer

In the calendar view you can click on the guests reservation. When the info pops up on the RIGHT hand side of the screen it will give you the ability to enter private notes (your own notes about the guests). 

Sadly this is specific to a reservation and not (currently) to an Airbnb profile. There are some PMSs that allow you to "make" guest profiles. You can also download your guests as a CSV and loadthat into a spreadsheet (to make it easily searchable). I am not completely sure of a way to make this scalable outside of setting up some sort of Zap.

All of that being said, I would make sure to mention it to the guests with some sort of message like "I hope to host you again in the future!! If there is anything that I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable (all linens and towels in one room, more pillows, ect) please don't hesitate to reach out ahead of time". This way you aren't assuming/ calling out things about their personal life and are instead inviting them back with an open line of communication.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Anthony1804 there has always been private 'notes on the guest' under reservations I believe.H

Thanks, but that just creates a note for that booking, not that guest.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Anthony1804 there is no way to set up a profile. Did they indicate that they would be back? Is your volume really high so you would not remember them? If they booked two rooms, I would still set up the rooms as you normally would. Only one of them made a reservation but for two rooms, right? So you do not know if she is bringing the same old lady with her or a different one and that different old lady may want to sleep alone. I would say you are overthinking it

I have lots of returning customers, customer profiles would be very handy.

In the calendar view you can click on the guests reservation. When the info pops up on the RIGHT hand side of the screen it will give you the ability to enter private notes (your own notes about the guests). 

Sadly this is specific to a reservation and not (currently) to an Airbnb profile. There are some PMSs that allow you to "make" guest profiles. You can also download your guests as a CSV and loadthat into a spreadsheet (to make it easily searchable). I am not completely sure of a way to make this scalable outside of setting up some sort of Zap.

All of that being said, I would make sure to mention it to the guests with some sort of message like "I hope to host you again in the future!! If there is anything that I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable (all linens and towels in one room, more pillows, ect) please don't hesitate to reach out ahead of time". This way you aren't assuming/ calling out things about their personal life and are instead inviting them back with an open line of communication.

Ive added a note to the past booking, see what happens.

I only use the website to manage my bookings, Could you please explain what a "PMSs" is also whats a "Zap"

Many thanks for your time

Hi Anthony1804!!!

Sorry for using the abbreviated terms associated with some of the systems/ programs. 

PMS = Property management system - these are a specific kind of 3rd party program- realistically these are really only useful (needed?) if you are managing multiple listings on a single or multiple platforms. (examples are things like- Hostaway, Guesty, Logdify ect...) - You may find a want or need for them with only a few listings or platforms but we did not find the need until our portfolio was built up a bit. 

Zap = Zapier - this is another kind of 3rd party program. Zapier is a super useful tool for getting 2 or more separate programs to work together. This is obviously a very boiled down explanation so I would suggest to check out their site.

Many thanks for the reply, but those tools feel like a sledge hammer to crack a nut!!!

Guess ill wait to see if AirBnB ever add it as a feature.

Thanks again.