Queries to Boise Idaho Hosts - your success rate

Fred2751
Level 2
Missouri City, TX

Queries to Boise Idaho Hosts - your success rate

We are in discussions with our daughter and son-in-law (who live in Boise) to purchase a house together in 2023 to be used as a primary residence for them, and with an extra separate and private living space to be used by my wife and I when we visit (we are from Texas) and as an airbnb when we are not visiting.  How successful is the Boise market?  With a good place in a decent location, can we count on renting the space out an average of 2-3 days per week?  We are hoping to find a property close to the airport and fairly close to the university.

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

there are never any guarantees as to how many bookings you will get @Fred2751 

start by checking with the local government website in the area to see if there are any STR restrictions.

you can use AirDNA to check demand in the area.

Thanks for the great info!

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Fred2751 ! If you're looking to get in touch with local Hosts, I'd recommend posting your question in one of the Host Clubs as well. You can find the Host Clubs here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Get-Local/ct-p/en_clubs

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Thanks Sybe - we will check into that!

@Sybe Most all of the host clubs at least the ones on FB facebook are private and  only for Host or Co host so you must have a listing to join. Perhaps if they post on FB and ask the question in general they might find out some info. Just my thoughts.

Jesse476
Level 1
Boise, ID

Hi @Fred2751 , I agree with @Helen3  the first step is checking to make sure there are no restrictions in the local government. In addition, when you get closer to purchasing a home you'll want to make sure the neighborhood doesn't have CC&Rs that restrict short-term rentals.

It also might be valuable to start getting plugged into the Boise market so you know a good deal when you see it. I use https://noplacelikeboise.com because it uses MLS data but even just browsing Zillow will be helpful.

Stephanie2165
Level 2
Post Falls, ID

Hi @Fred2751 , If you are still interested in doing this, there are several groups on Facebook you can join. "Airbnb Professional Hosts Idaho" - Is a great resource for hosts. There are several of these different resources/groups.

Best practice if you're trying to save money, is searching other listings that are similar. Boise, and Idaho in general, I have found to be busy, with peak times of course being in Winter and Summer. I own 2, and manage two for other Owners. Once you establish your listings as a 5-star property, your bookings will increase. All four of mine are booked 25-28 days of the month... except in Oct, March and April. Bookings drop to about 25-50%. 

If you have any other questions... feel free to reach out. 🙂