Question for full time hosts how do you continually grow your business and better your listing

Alexis646
Level 2
Redmond, WA

Question for full time hosts how do you continually grow your business and better your listing

I'm currently a host with 3 properties I fully manage and do all the cleaning for myself a 5 bed/2 bath, 2bed/1 bath, 2bed/2bath. Occupancy is usually in the 90 for them but like all businesses I continually ask myself how can I better the experience I provide for my guests. What are some daily tasks you do to better your listing and strive to be the best listing in your area. 

Alexis
1 Reply 1
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Alexis646 

A lot of guests book my listing for the aesthetics. I therefore am always trying to improve the appearance of the decor/add special touches. I haven't had too much opportunity lately for redecoration but have some planned for periods where the rooms are empty, but I'm always tweaking some small thing or adding little updates to the decor. Lately, I've mostly been focused on the outside spaces, tidying them, planting, garden maintenance etc. so that guests can enjoy the warm weather.

RE cleaning, I am a live in host and have weekly cleaners to do the communal areas once a week, but keeping on top of the cleaning in between is really important. I have a robot vacuum which has been really handy for the ground floor level, which is the largest and sees the most traffic (entrance hall, downstairs bathrooms, kitchen) so needs daily cleaning. Other areas get tidied/cleaned as needed.

In recent months though I am noticing that guests are getting pickier. While I don't always feel that their complaints are fair, it's worth noting feedback and seeing where improvements can be made.