Remote Property Management - Properly

Answered!
Chelsea402
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Remote Property Management - Properly

I have been using a remote property manager - Awning. I am unhappy with their level of involvement. They have a one size fits all model where they manage everything. I like to be a little more hands-on with managing the property so it hasn't been a good fit. I like to be involved in maintenance. 

I just want someone to communicate with guests, dispatch the cleaners, and let me know if any issues are found during cleaning. I just came across Properly. They are mainly a software company, but they do guest communication and remote inspection while your cleaner is at your property. I was wandering if anyone has used them or if there is another service that you would recommend?

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would use a local cohost who is a superhost. See it as a partnership. Choose a hosts whose listing and hosting style meshes with yours.

Make sure they provide you with a contract and understand not just how to do the day to day management but also how to optimise your listing and advise on wider marketing.

Take up references from current hosts they work with.

Ask for recommendations from hosts on your local host group

Personally I wouldn't use a remote company you need someone who can liaise with maintenace people, do spot checks in person on cleaning, keep household stocks up to date, deal with any problem guests or issues at the property etc.

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would use a local cohost who is a superhost. See it as a partnership. Choose a hosts whose listing and hosting style meshes with yours.

Make sure they provide you with a contract and understand not just how to do the day to day management but also how to optimise your listing and advise on wider marketing.

Take up references from current hosts they work with.

Ask for recommendations from hosts on your local host group

Personally I wouldn't use a remote company you need someone who can liaise with maintenace people, do spot checks in person on cleaning, keep household stocks up to date, deal with any problem guests or issues at the property etc.

Thanks for the advice Helen! The home is in a small town and there are unfortunately no local companies. There are so few hosts that we don't even have our own local host group. I live thousands of miles away from the property, but am fortunate to have family in the area that is able to deal with problems, small maintenance tasks, and do check ins. This is why remote management seems to be my only option at this point. I don't need full service, just communication and dispatching of cleaners. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you tried posting on a local host group for your area I know there are quite a few host groups in California so hopefully there will be one near your location that you could post in to see if there is a local cohost that could help you @Chelsea402 

Rick4795
Level 2
Boonville, NY

Hi! @Chelsea402 I'd love to assist!  I am a superhost and currently manage other vacation rentals. Here is my contact info:

Thanks,

Rick White

Black River Rental Management, LLC

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Hi Chelsea! 

sorry about your experience. If you are still looking for someone to help you will a hassle free experience please email me **[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Rachel2403
Level 2
Oakland, CA

Hi @Chelsea402!

My husband and I are local to the SF Bay Area and run a family-owned short-term rental property management company and we'd love to chat more to see what your needs are. Feel free to reach out to me at [E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Best of luck to you!

Rachel

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Chelsea402 ,

I completely agree with @Helen3  about the Local Host Club option - it's a great way to find what you're looking for! I wanted to make things a bit easier for you, so I've included the link here for you to start your search.

Let us know how your searching is going!

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi @Chelsea402 

Love your place!

Airbnb has an experienced Co-Host platform available in some states and California is one of them. I do see you live in California, but the property is in Alabama. Not sure if this will work for you or not? You would have to contact Airbnb and ask. Since you are searching for a local co-host this might not be an option. Enter your address and all the co-hosts will be listed:

Find an Experienced Co-Host

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3472

Experienced Co-Hosts 6 png.png

Shayla22
Level 2
Mt Morris, MI

Hi Chelsea! I am a property manager and my way of doing things is very customized to your preferences. Id love to hop on a call to see how I can help you! ** or go right to my website to book a call **

Hope to talk soon!

-Shayla

**[E-mail address and link removed  - Community Center Guidelines]

Hey Chelsea, 

If you're interested, my husband and I run our own property management service called Keyly (mykeyly.com). We are super hands on since it's the two of us and our team. 

Hope to hear from you 🙂