Seeking Advice on Insurance Providers for US-Based Short-Term Rentals

Claudio263
Level 2
Potomac, MD

Seeking Advice on Insurance Providers for US-Based Short-Term Rentals

Hello,

I'm reaching out to see about the insurance provider you use for your US-based short-term rental. A few years ago, I discovered that State Farm, my personal insurance provider, does not cover short-term rentals. As a result, I initially switched to CBIZ and have been with Proper Insurance for the past few years.

However, my rates have increased by over 20% annually for the last two years. I'm exploring other insurance options that cover short-term rentals and heard that Foremost is one possibility. I would appreciate any recommendations you might have.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Claudio263  We have used Foremost for 10+ years for our STRs.  However, coverage changes from state to state.  I recommend that you speak with an independent insurance broker and have them research and find the best STR coverage for your location and property type.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Claudio263, It's great to see you posting in our community.

Please let us know when you've had a chance to read Lorna's advice and update us on your insurance search.

Looking forward to hearing from you 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad