Selling saunas/hot tubs to fellow hosts

Answered!

Selling saunas/hot tubs to fellow hosts

Hello Airbnb community,

We are hoping for feedback from fellow hosts. We run an off grid camping Airbnb business. During the off-season, we are woodworkers building Saunas, Hot Tubs, and cold plunges for sale. Curious what the best way would be to approach other hosts that may benefit from the added amenities to their listings. We are based in beautiful British Columbia, and seen many other hosts with listings where our spa amenities would be well suited. We have seen firsthand the increase in bookings due to the amenities and thus Are hoping to market to similar off grid and cabin listings. We intend to provide a discount to active short term rental hosts for our products. Appreciate the read and any feedback!

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's like any other business @Warren247  you need to research and develop a marketing plan to help you understand how best to market your business to those your market research has identified should be your target customer.

As part of your marketing you need to set up your own marketing channels such as social media and a website and invest in targeted advertising and PR to reach hosts and other potential customers.

You need to answer the question what makes your products different/better to your many competitors before investing in any marketing.

Can I ask how you identified that the increase in booking you had was only due to installing hot tubs. With marketing it's usually difficult to isolate an increase in demand purely down to one factor unless you do split testing. 

(marketing and comms is my day job 🙂 )

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Warren247, I hope you're well 😊. I'm Sophia, one of the Community Managers here. I was wondering if you mind if I move your post to the board 'Help with your business' as it is a public board (unlike Host circle, which is private) there is more likelihood that your post will get more eyes and hopefully more responses. Do let me know your thoughts! 

Additionally, feel free to join the nearest Local Host Club to connect with fellow hosts local to your area. You can share your experiences, exchange valuable knowledge and get advice. Here's the link where you can join: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Local-Host-Clubs/ct-p/en_clubs

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's like any other business @Warren247  you need to research and develop a marketing plan to help you understand how best to market your business to those your market research has identified should be your target customer.

As part of your marketing you need to set up your own marketing channels such as social media and a website and invest in targeted advertising and PR to reach hosts and other potential customers.

You need to answer the question what makes your products different/better to your many competitors before investing in any marketing.

Can I ask how you identified that the increase in booking you had was only due to installing hot tubs. With marketing it's usually difficult to isolate an increase in demand purely down to one factor unless you do split testing. 

(marketing and comms is my day job 🙂 )