Sub letting insurance

Level 1

Sub letting insurance

I am a tenant and operate an Airbnb.

I am trying to find an insurance company that will give me household & contents cover for the Airbnb mindful of the fact that I don’t own the property.

3 Replies 3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You could speak to a local insurance broker. You need home insurance for short term lets.  @Dennis353 

Also your landlord needs to speak to his building insurance as sometimes STR invalidates it. 


Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Were you able to get in touch with a broker to review some options @Dennis353



Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Breanna,

I think every country is more than likely quite different as to insurance matters.

It is difficult to find an insurance company in Australia that will offer cover for a sub let situation.

The owner of the property is a friend and she is concerned on two points

1 third party liability ie. are the guests covered in case of accident and

2 will the insurance cover damage by guests.

 I know Airbnb say they will cover these situations but am not sure what guarantee they will offer

Thanks for your advice,