Tiered pricing promotion?

Erin443
Level 10
Salt Lake City, UT

Tiered pricing promotion?

Brilliant hosts, please help me here - Airbnb just pulled an additional $10 from a guest's reservation, listing it as a promotional discount for "tiered pricing." I've never had such a promotion. Can someone explain this to me? Thank you for sharing your experience.

4 Replies 4

@Erin443 Do you mean that you had an existing reservation, with a confirmed price, and Airbnb later reduced it by $10?

Or you received an Instant Booking that was $10 less than it should have been under your pricing settings? (Assuming you're not using Smart pricing, which does all kinds of odd things) 

Julie411
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Hi, I'm inquiring about this mysterious tiered-pricing 'promotion' as well. It appears to have to do with the NEW Moderate or Non-refundable cancelation policy that gives guests a 10% discount when they opt for a non-refundable policy. I don't recall changing my cancelation policy and am trying to find more about it now.

Tim769
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

I just noticed this too -- very sneaky that Airbnb rolled out a modification that results in a potential discount to guests (and a potential loss to hosts). Of course, Airbnb loses nothing by doing this (other than risking the ire of hosts, which clearly they don't care about). I really dislike that this was rolled out without any communication whatsoever AND that it was set as the default setting for anyone who had a Moderate cancellation policy on their listing. Go to your booking settings and change the policy if you don't want to participate in this. 

Natasha380
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

Same thing here. Under the Promotion header> LTS Discount> and then the breakdown day by day.

From 1 listing Airbnb took €24,90 for 2 nights guests. And from the other listing for 10 nights was €45. Then next listing for 7 nights was €31,60.