Up front payment

Lisa5958
Level 1
Arcadia Vale, Australia

Up front payment

Hi

I have the following request from a guest-

‘is it okay to pay for the first month of stay two or three days before my first night?’

Can you please advise what options are available to the guest?

Lisa
2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lisa5958  Tell him that hosts aren't charge of payments, that Airbnb handles that. That he needs to.pay the entire first month when he books, that's how payments work in Airbnb.

But if I were you, I would decline this booking. The guest is too clueless and that doesn't bode well. 

On long term bookings, Airbnb only guarantees the first month's payment. If the guest reneges on the next payment and won't leave, then you have a squatter on your hands and if he's been there a month, then he would fall under landlord/tenant laws in most jurisdictions and you'll have a problem getting him out.

And Airbnb will just tell you, sorry, we couldn't collect payment from the guest. They won't help you if there's a problem getting the guest to leave.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Welcome to the community, @Lisa5958!

If I were you, I’d accept the guest to stay for few days and let both sides consider the extent of to monthly stay.

Of course, the guests need to make the booking through Airbnb. In the same period, guests indeed to know the place is satisfied or not.

Since Airbnb is guaranteed for the first-month stay payment, and the guest need three months to stay,

I’ll advise the guest to make the three bookings, reservations monthly and explained this would be the safe ways.

That’s always a place to improve.