Waterfront Amenity keeps turning off

Breathebnb0
Level 2
Prince Edward, Canada

Waterfront Amenity keeps turning off

Hello,

For months the waterfront amenity on our properties has been turning off on its own. We are having to check daily if this amenity is still on. We have spoke with other hosts and this is happening to everyone at least local to us in Canada (Ontario/Quebec). 

Once we turn this amenity back on, it takes the listing hours- if not days, for it to apply to the listing and start showing in the 'waterfront' search result filter. If you do a check yourself, you'll see many waterfront properties disappear as soon as you select the filter. 

Airbnb has never answered this no matter how many times we bring it up- it is always deflected I assume as this would leave them potentially liable for the lost income. They know this is an issue. We would like to hear from other hosts on this as waterfront is a huge amenity and everyone's waterfront listings are not being found, preventing what an accurate demand potential is for the listings. 

It is absolutely insane that after a year of this, it still has not been fixed.

Something else we have noticed, when this amenity goes off, it also turns off outdoor lounge furniture, outdoor dining, and a few other outdoor amenities so there seems to be multiple amenities that are automatically being turned off at the same time, however, we have not compiled a list of all amenities this is affecting.

We have also confirmed with our Channel Manager, that this is completely an Airbnb issue. We also have waterfront and related amenities checked off on our channel manager end, so in either case, they would sync as having them.

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Breathebnb0 I wonder if the categories concept has made this amenity redundant.

Breathebnb0
Level 2
Prince Edward, Canada

I wouldn't think so as when you use the search function for a specific area, city, etc, you can only then go by using the filters for amenities instead of the categories. From what I can see, categories are only available on the front home page.

Breathebnb0
Level 2
Prince Edward, Canada

We've checked other listings and confirm that listings that even have waterfront check marked on their listing page, generally disappear in the search results when you select the amenity. We are going on 3 days and our listings we re-added waterfront to are still not showing up in search with the filter on.