Airbnb not paying hosts!

Владимир13
Level 2
Batumi, Georgia

Airbnb not paying hosts!

I am a citizen of Ukraine, but since 2016 I actually live in Georgia and am a resident of this country.
Since then I have been receiving guests ( airbnb.ru/users/show/59960578 ).
Airbnb has always existed as a delicate balance between stakeholders - guests, hosts, the communities in which we operate, employees and company shareholders. So for over 5 years I have been a member of a community based on connections and affiliation.
I have superhost status.
I am responsible to all stakeholders and this determines my activities.
As of May 16, 2022, my booking payments have stopped. Currently, the amount of forthcoming payments is more than 6,600 US dollars. Limiting payments undermines the trust between me and the homeowners who have entrusted me with their property to receive guests.
Every day it becomes much harder for me to explain the reason for not paying the money I earned. Homeowners consider me a guarantor of security and demand payment of earned funds.
The situation has become critical for me and I cannot control this process.
I was called to the police on the fact of a statement of fraudulent activity, which indicated that I had fraudulently taken possession of the money of the owner of an apartment in Batumi. I explained that Airbnb withholds rent payments.
However, the police officers qualify my actions as a deliberate act that implies criminal liability, since, by deceit and breach of trust, I acquired the right to someone else's property. According to the police, I am reporting false information about the non-payment of the international company Airbnb.
Airbnb - I'm in a bind!

1 Reply 1
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Владимир13 

I am so sorry to hear about this.

I have asked Airbnb support to have a look at this and if I get any more information I'll let you know.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines