booking weekdays

Hannah1045
Level 1
Marina Del Rey, CA

booking weekdays

Hello Community!

I have a rental property in Austin Texas. I am really struggling to get weekdays Booked. Does anyone have any tips or tricks besides the lower prices? I lowered my prices but have not gotten many reservations. Thank you in advance for your advice.

2 Replies 2
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Hannah1045 

For weekday bookings, maybe try targeting business travellers etc. Are there any firms near you that need accommodation for visiting staff? What about hospitals, universities etc? Are there any there any venues that attract visitors during the week? Maybe try to do some direct marketing to them/ask them if they are happy to pass out your details etc. Look at conferences, short courses and other events that take place during the week. Befriend the local businesses that run these. Maybe offer them some sort of incentive, e.g. a commission.

I have had weekday travellers who were coming to my area for all sorts of random reasons, e.g. I have a photography studio a few doors away and a hand model stayed here when booked on a job there! I have had people doing a short yoga course down the road... I didn't do any direct marketing for this as the  guests just found me on Airbnb, but when times are slow, it's worth a shot.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Hannah1045 

What about other platforms? you never know, I have seen people mentioning about a site for traveling nurses, contact real estate agents in your area, you have to pay them guys commission, thats how it works in Thailand also.