classification of similar properties

Todd667
Level 2
Wilmington, NC

classification of similar properties

Can anyone tell me why Airbnb classifies in a search for a home, uses my 1800 square foot 4-bedroom home as similar to the 1225 square foot 3-bedroom home? Smart pricing does the same. But I am more concerned about when I do a search 3 bedroom homes are shown with my 4-bedroom home. Is it because the other listing says it can fit 9 people? I wouldn't want to stay with 9 people in 1200 square foot home and have to sleep in the living room. However, Airbnb see this as a similar home. What am I doing wrong?

2 Replies 2
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Todd667 😊,

Thank you for asking this question in the community center!

Have you found an answer to this question?

If not, you might want to take a look at these articles 👉

How to define what kind of space you're hosting. 

I'll also mention other hosts who will probably know how to help you: @Vincenzo89 , @Marie8425 , @Karen4131 and @Joelle43.

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Todd667 

Airbnb search pulls the number of guests, so yes if the other listing proposes 9 and so does yours both are shown because usually a short stay as opposed to long term not everyone is focused on bedroom numbers.  You can use your title with Spacious, things that generate interest from the market you want.  Mayne in your title Spacious 4 bedroom family house 

I am with you I wouldn't pick someplace where the living room doubles as a bedroom lol.  Entice with the title and use a cover photo that illuminates spacious