expired registration (Los Angele) question

Answered!
Jamie-and-David0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

expired registration (Los Angele) question

hello everyone,

I really need some guidance here! Los Angeles city planning does not get back to me via email or phone calls and AirBnB does not know the answer to my question. We hosted for years and have a registration number. We stopped during Covid and didn’t renew after that. It has been years, and I just went to renew our registration number, and it says that the registration number is invalid, and cannot be renewed at this time. My question is, do we start over again and register? I’m not sure what to do to get started again.

Please help! Thank you.

1 Best Answer
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Jamie-and-David0 This is a very interesting question.

Since our Community is a global forum, it may take some time for Hosts in your area to see your post. I recommend asking this question in your closest Local Host Club to connect with fellow Hosts in Los Angeles.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Jamie-and-David0 This is a very interesting question.

Since our Community is a global forum, it may take some time for Hosts in your area to see your post. I recommend asking this question in your closest Local Host Club to connect with fellow Hosts in Los Angeles.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Rob-and-Barri0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Has anyone answered this. We are having the same issue with the city of Los Angeles. We missed our renewal because the pay per night monthly filings look the same as the annual renewal emails and we were away in Europe when we missed the filing. We were shut down by Airbnb on august 19th for short term stays. The renewal form also says invalid even thiugh we are just days late. 

i emailed the city immediately, have left numerous messages and even went to their office downtown where apparently no one works bc they are all remote. Filled out a form as well. They added this department that has no trouble taking money but offers no support. 

Hi,

We were told we had to sue over and register again.  We finally got ours approved about two weeks ago. I will add that we also went downtown and then I emailed with about three nudges afterwards. I think it took I’d say five weeks or so to get approved.