i'm new to hosting in the UK - do I need to inform the council I am going to let a property through Airbnb?

Answered!

i'm new to hosting in the UK - do I need to inform the council I am going to let a property through Airbnb?

is there any legal stuff i need to do to host in the UK? Does the council need to be informed?  any advice would be gratefully received.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kim3491 the UK is a diverse place and the rules vary by country/city (well at least London has extra rules with Edinburgh not far behind).

In general if you are in England and renting the whole place you should move from council tax to business rates. You should also fill in a tax return as a self employed person if you earn more than £1000.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kim3491 the UK is a diverse place and the rules vary by country/city (well at least London has extra rules with Edinburgh not far behind).

In general if you are in England and renting the whole place you should move from council tax to business rates. You should also fill in a tax return as a self employed person if you earn more than £1000.