smart pricing bug? database glitch?

Gabriel53
Level 2
Yuzawa, Japan

smart pricing bug? database glitch?

I have several listings. Right now I am seeing a very strange thing with the smart pricing. For my listing "Koizumiya," the smart pricing suddenly stops working from December 4th and after that it just automatically chooses the maximum price forever. My other house next door "Yuzawa" is not affected. I spent several wasted hours with support and then after a weeks they answered that this was "normal" behavior. I run seven airbnb places and I know it is not normal. Can anyone help? I can't believe that the support team could be so dumb. For example, smart pricing rarely gives you a round number like 250000. It will always be calculated and doesn't come out even. It doesnt just select the highest possible value, especially at a non busy time!!!  I begged them to forward the request to the software development team but they apparently "did" but I just cant believe it. For now I simply turned off smart pricing as it is completely worthless.

In addition, I recently discovered that the max number of nights at my place next door has magically changed to 1127 nights....which is (A) impossible and (B) wasnt done by me. This to me is further evidence that there is something funny going on in their database. But again the help people said it was normal.

4 Replies 4
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Gabriel53 👋

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues. Has the issue been resolved now? If not, I'd like to see if the tech team can look into it for you. Please let me know 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Rebecca! It would be awesome if you could get the tech team to look at it. Right now the people at Airbnb Support seem to have a script that makes them say this is normal behavior… Because every single individual I’ve interacted with tries to insist it is without really even looking at it. Please note that on December or around December 19, my listing changes to maximum price. This might seem normal because it’s the beginning of the high season, but the same price continues throughout March April May June etc, forever. These months are all low season and if anything smart pricing should be serving minimum price… Definitely not maximum price. I’ve already lost bookings for this July because My price was way too expensive 😭

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Sure thing @Gabriel53, I'll pop you DM with more information. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

IMG_1414.png

 above you see smart pricing functioning normally. In the next picture, look what happens around 12/20

IMG_1415.png

 then in the final picture, note that the max price is selected even during low season (we are a ski lodge so virtually no customers in May)

IMG_1416.png