str number from san bernardino county

Golden51
Level 1
San Bernardino, CA

str number from san bernardino county

HI everyone i am confused i got an email saying i need a str number on my listing and i called the san bernardino county and they said cant provide 1 for me because we belong to the city of san bernardino. as anyone been through this what can i do?

1 Reply 1
Carlos793
Level 5
Los Angeles, CA

Hi @Golden51 !

I have four rentals in the county of San Bernardino county and one in the mountains of San Bernardino (Crestline). Only the mountain and desert communities are elegible for STR licenses in the county of SB, so I only have a license in the mountain rental. There isn't a way to get a license or number otherwise to my knowledge. I called airbnb yesterday and told them there was no pathway to get a license in the county of SB, they only advised me to contact the "local housing authorities".  So right now airbnb changed my trip settings to no reservations under 30 days. 

But..there is another platform, that starts with "V" that i checked yesterday and I don't see any blocks in SB county. I think i will have no other choice than to switch platforms.  Did you also get the trip setting changed?