2 week stays

Elaine357
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

2 week stays

We've been lucky enough to have 3 bookings this summer each for a fortnight, we've previously only had short stays of up to a week.

I wondered what other hosts do about bedding/towels etc?

If I was renting an airbnb place for that lenght of time I'd be happy to have spare towels and bedding left for us to change if/when we felt the need, but should I offer to do a 'changeover' half way through?

As it's not a hotel I feel it would be ok to leave guests to help themselves, but I know someone (whose place is bigger and more upmarket than mine) who goes in to do a change.

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Thanks

Elaine

3 Replies 3
Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Elaine357  I think it really depends on you. Since they are getting the whole house, including a washer and dryer I would make sure there was enough sheets and towels so they could change things on their own. But at the same time offering or saying that once a week you will come by to do a linen change and light cleaning gives you access to the house to check on it. My rooms are in my home, I inform my guests that every three or four days I will change their towels and do a light cleaning and once a week change the sheets. This way I can keep an eye on things. Most everyone is happy to have the extra service. 

Shaun69
Level 10
Hurstpierpoint, United Kingdom

@Elaine357 Hi Elaine, we have this issue on a regular basis and have found that the following process works for us:

1)  Always change towels and shower matt every four days regardless.

2) Always change tea towels and flannels every five days regardless.

3) Ask the guest if they would like their bed linen and bath robes changed after seven days.

Regards Shaun

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

We offer a change over if people are staying more than 7 days, this includes switching out towels and changing the sheets.  In addition, when people take us up on this we also remove garbage and recycling and if the guests aren't overly messy, we will do a general tidy up and refresh.  Some people love this, some aren't interested at all.