25% payout for lost nights due to COVID

Andrea4348
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

25% payout for lost nights due to COVID

Hello, I am looking for information regarding the  promised payouts. I sent an email a while back and was told I didn't need to do anything. That was about 2 months ago at least.  I just tried to call you Airbnb and sat on hold for 45 minutes before someone picked up before hanging up on me. What's the deal? Could someone please call me?  **   I am a superhost  

[personal details hidden]

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Andrea4348  - This is a guest forum not Airbnb Customer Services. I would advise that you remove your personal details asap.

Have you looked at your cancellation page to see if Airbnb think your cancellations qualify for the 25% (aka 12.5%) payout?

Thanks for your reply. I am having a hard time getting a hold of someone at the home office. Yes, I am sure they apply. I also tried to delete the feed, but can't seem to find the right place to do so. I did edit, removing my personal information, but I think it didn't do a thing after saving as I still saw the original feed below. Thank you again

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hi @Andrea4348 ,

I've just looked at your cancellation policy and if that was the policy in place earlier in the year then I am afraid you will be very unlikely to qualify for the payout.

Why would that be? Meaning I would have to have had a non-refundable policy in place in order to qualify for the payout? 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Andrea4348  The 25% refunds were based upon what you would have received if your cancellation policy had been upheld. So with a moderate policy, if the guest cancelled more than 5 days before their check-in date, you wouldn't have recieved anything anyway, therfore, you won't get any refunds. If they cancelled less than 5 days before, those should be eligible.

Andrea4348
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Thank you Sarah, your explanation is clear. Too bad Airbnb wasn't as straightforward. We had over 40 nights cancel due to the virus. I'm not so pleased with Airbnb right now, it would have been better to say nothing about their assistance to hosts, or at least make the guidelines more clear when they announced it. Thanks again and stay safe.