A Message to Airbnb and hosts

Mike2059
Level 2
California, United States

A Message to Airbnb and hosts

Hej to my fellow hosts, I hope you all are doing really well during times like this. I totally understand how hard this could be for many of us here, especially the ones who depended on the income they were getting from Airbnb. As a community we did give up on other things and other platforms for the sake of this community, that's how I saw it. The reason why I chose Airbnb myself, was the community and the good vibes the community has. I loved it actually cause it felt as if I'm a part of something nice, a part of a travelers community and good people. Where I love traveling and exploring myself, I chose airbnb to provide the experience I wish to get in every country I go to for other travelers. And believe me that taught me a lot, gave me a really nice karma too haha "trust me karma is real" and introduced me to some amazing people and we ended up becoming really good friends after that. I wonder though what's happening to this community?? Why are we taking different paths towards something different instead of sticking together during this hard times?? That's what real people do right, stick and fight together when it comes to hard times?? I see some hosts who are actually really scared to lose their homes cause of the mortgage, others are scared not to be able to pay for the essentials cause of loss of income every month. Especially, that not all countries actually provided a financial support to their citizens during a time like this. My main question is where's airbnb really? What happened to all the things they used to say about being in this together?? They spoke about a Superhost relief funds "which as a Superhost who actually qualify and lost 95% of the booking I used to get here I am didn't receive an email even saying anything about a Superhost relief fund". I don't wanna talk about myself but what about the others?? Many hosts are actually suffering in silence financially,  what did airbnb actually do for them?? Absolutely nothing and that's my own opinion from what I am seeing, actions are always stronger than words. To anyone who's in need, I'm willing to help with what I can and to everyone I encourage you to help one an other during times like this. 

0 Replies 0