A host left a listing up and I booked it. I think they should cancel.

Jane384
Level 2
Olathe, KS

A host left a listing up and I booked it. I think they should cancel.

Will Airbnb give me any penalties for canceling a booking--a trip I'm taking? I booked a listing, didn't hear from the host for 24 hours, so called and left a message. When they returned my call it was a girl who said she is now the host, and also that the rooms I booked, two rooms each with a queen bed, are not available because she moved in to them. I asked her to please cancel the reservation since it's an error on their part. She seems like she has no idea how to do that. I will cancel it if I know that it's not going to look bad on my profile. I host an Airbnb, am 5 stars, and a Superhost, and don't want a ding on my record.

Jane

2 Replies 2
Sora0
Level 7
Singapore

You will definitely get the penalty if you are the one cancel it. So i strongly suggest you to ask the host to cancel it. if they did not do that after the time frame given to them by you. please contact airbnb and advise them bout it. It is unfair for you to get a different place from the one you have booked.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Jane384 

I do hope you followed up your call to this host,  with a message on Airbnb to confirm your conversation.

Call Airbnb explain what has happened - that another host has taken over the listing and has told you the rooms you booked aren't available.

Why would you want to cancel? You aren't at fault. The host is, they need to cancel.