Abused and violated Host

Dorina3
Level 2
New York, NY

Abused and violated Host

Hey everyone , as a super host for 4 years I can tell you I worked incredible hard to equip my house to the standards including business friendly and smart green house .

airbnb digested I add to my profile a 250$ deposit .

So I did .

month of feb 16-23 I had a booking that was weird and I got frustrated with the comments , since we cannot see pictures anymore of the guest coming to our house , after an hour late for checking in , I texted the guest and asked if they are ok ?!

she said she didn’t book for herself and someone else will arrive at my house and they are in a taxi

third party booking it’s not covered by Airbnb policy so you know .

i called Airbnb with my concern and Airbnb sent an email to me assuring me this guests are safe and legit . 

So they came , booking was for 3 adults and 3 kids , first lie , kids were 4/5 and only 2 , under age for my policy which clearly said 12 or up .

i have to mention she agreed with all the house rules including no guests from outside. 

Mat night , 10 people start sleeping on mattress they got with them , on floors .

3rd day , 20 people showed up , preparing for a weeding , girls to do makeup , hair, drivers who blocked my neighbors driveways ...screaming until 4.30 am every night , flooding my apartment downstairs , staining my towers , sheets , bed covers , rug , wood floor with ink .

used every piece of linen and blankets in my closets . 

Never answer my texts , calls even ignoring me when we casually meet , like I was a piece of garbage in my own house . 

I complain to Airbnb , nothing , I sent pictures of all damage , people coming in and out, nothing , in the end , this con artists left me a bad review simply saying I’m a predigist . 

Keep in mind , I’ve never seen her face ,before booking or after , she wasn’t there and I hosted people from 35 countries accordingly with Airbnb . 

Still , Airbnb is so bias and the policies they have are all bogus , they do NOT care about the Host who’s providing the housing , at all .

Be aware , don’t be fulled by the big book of rules and the line that said you are insured for 1 million , you will never see a penny ever from Airbnb , you will be violated again and again not only by the guests but also by Airbnb . 

Good luck everyone , my desapointment has no limits afrmter 4 years of providing housing and my privacy to Airbnb . 

Every penny I made was bold and hard work , zero respect from them , zero !

15 Replies 15